Capsicum Soya Bean Rice with Home made Masala Powder. Served with Sweeet Potato Raita.
Nothing makes me happier than a delicious meal which can be prepared in less than 30 minutes . Capsicum Soya Bean rice is a flavorful and delicious rice recipe which can be prepared in less time if you have Cooked rice and Spices ready. It is a delicious rice recipe with strong and Special aroma from Basmati rice. It is more aromatic, creamy and nuttier when compared to Ordinary rice . It cooks perfectly and you can have best results when soaked for not more than 30 minutes . It is low in fat, has 8 amino acids , low in sodium and has no Cholesterol .Unlike other rice types the grains won’t expand and retain shape .
Cook Basmati Rice with Whole Spices, little Salt and Whole Garam Masala for perfect rice and Whole spices add more flavor to the aromatic Basamati rice. Once cooked cool the rice before adding to the vegetables. Discard Bay leaf, Cinnamon stick and Cloves .
The sweet fragrance of Basmati rice coupled with spices like Coriander , Cumin and sesame seeds adds Pleasant aroma and will become your favorite rice recipe. Capsicum and Soya Beans adds Crunchiness to the recipe if not overcooked. It is a Kid friendly recipe and can be Packed for Lunch Box or for quick weeknight dinner . Serve with Vegetable raita . I shared sweet Potato raita recipe to go along with it.
SPICE POWDER is the High light for the Recipe.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People
Preparation and Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
1. Basmati Rice – 1 Cup
2. Capsicum – 2 Cut into Cubes.
3. Garlic Cloves-4 Crushed
4. Salt accordingly
5. Oil – 3 tbsp and Ghee – 1 tbsp
6. Soya Beans – Half Cup Cooked
7. Water – 2 Cups
8. Whole Garam Masala to Cook with Rice ( Cloves -5 , Cardamom -2 ,Bay Leaves -2 ,Cinnamon – 2 Small sticks)
9. Finely Chopped Coriander and Mint Leaves.
10. Masala Powder:
Dry Roast channa Dal , Urad Dal – 2 tbsp each , Coriander and Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp each , Red chillies-2 , White Sesame Seeds-2 tbsp , Mustard seeds- 1/2 tbsp , Groundnuts-20.
Switch off the Stove and add Curry Leaves(6)
Cool the Spices and Grind with Tamarind ( Marble Size ) and little Salt .
2.Heat 2 tbsp Oil and Cook Capsicum with little Salt and Cumin seeds , Crushed Garlic upto 90 Percent .
Once Capsicm is cooked add Cooked Soya Beans, Masala Powder . Mix well.Switch Off the Stove.
3.Add Cooked Rice , One tbsp Ghee and Finely Chopped Coriander and Mint Leaves. Mix Gently.
Enjoy with Sweet Potato Raita.
2. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and Splutter Mustard Seeds, Cumin seeds, Urad dal , Red chillies. Switch off the Stove and add Curry leaves and Sweet Potato to the Seasoning . Cool it before adding to the Curd.
3. Meanwhile Grind Handful of Coconut , Green Chilli and little Salt.
4. Mix the Coconut Mixture, Sweet Potato Seasoning to One Cup Yogurt .
Mix and Garnish with Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.