Recipe for 3 to 4 People.
Preparation and Cooking Time : 30 Minutes.
1. Tindora – 30 ( Wash and Cut into Circles)
2. Cooked Black Eyed Beans – 1 Cup
3. Onion – Medium ( Grind Onions Coarsely)
4. Garlic – 4 Crushed
5.Coconut Mixture – Grind Handful of Dry Coconut with 2 Green Chillies and Little Salt.
6. Salt accordingly
7. Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
8. Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
9. Curry Leaves and Coriander Leaves
10 . Juice of Half Lime
11. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp. ( Blend of Red chilli Powder , Corainder and Cumin Powder, Garlic and Coriander leaves)
1. Soak Half Cup Black Eyed Beans and Pressure Cook with Little Salt and Little Water for 2 whistles .
2. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and Cook the Tindora . Season with little salt.
Note : Sprinkle some Water or wash the lid to Cook Timdora Fast and with Less Oil .
Once Tindora is Soft , Keep the Lid Half Open and add One more tbsp Oil and Cook till tindora is Brown .Mix in Between Gently . Cook on a Medium High Heat in a Non Stick Pan.
3. Once Tindora is Cooked transfer to a Bowl . Heat 2 tbsp Oil and Splutter Mustard Seeds, Urad Dal , Cumin Seeds, Red chillies , Curry Leaves and Garlic .Sauté Onions with little Salt , Turmeric .
4. Once Onions are Brown , Switch off the Stove and add Cooked Tindora, Cooked Black Eyed Beans and Coconut Mixture. Mix Gently .
5.Squeeze Juice of Half Lime and Garnish with Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.
Note : You can add Boiled and Crumbled Potato too.
Enjoy with Plain Paratha or Steamed Rice.