Zucchini is a very popular Squash belonging to the family of melons and Cucumber . Zucchini has its origin in America and is available in the market in Yellow , light Green or Green Color .It got tender and smooth skin with small seeds which are edible . Largest producers of this squash include Japan, China , Italy , Argentina . Do not store Zucchini for more than 3 days and get damaged in Cold temperatures .Low in fat and helps reduce weight and promote eye health . Good source of Vitamin C and prevents all the diseases that occur from Vitamin C deficiency like Scurvy , Scirosis and easy bruising . The Copper percentage in Zucchini also helps in reducing the aching symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis where swelling is immensely painful. It can be grown year round and be eaten raw, Cooked form . Can be shredded in Cold Salads and Hot Soups .
Here I’m sharing a Pan fried Version of Zucchini which is Crispy . I sliced Zucchini into thin round Circles and dipped in Chickpea flour Batter and Seasoned with Spices . It is a kid friendly recipe . I’m always looking new ways to feed Veggies for Kids . These Crispy Pan fried Zucchini is a perfect way to Sneak Veggies in Kids Diet as Snack or for Lunch Box.
Here is the Recipe for 20 Pieces :
Preparation and Cooking Time : 30 Minutes.
1. Zucchini – 1 ( Cut into 20 thin Circles)
2. Chickpea Flour n Rice Flour – 1/4 th Cup Each or increase accordingly .
3. Curry Powder-1 tbsp
4. Aajwain – 1/2 tbsp
7. Oil for Pan Frying
8. Finely Chopped Coriander leaves.
1. Mix Chickpea Flour , Rice Flour , Aajwain , Curry Powder, Salt , Finely chopped Coriander Leaves with Sufficient Water.
Batter must be little thick.
2. Heat Non stick Pan with 1 tbsp Oil .
3. Dip Zucchini Circles in the Batter (Make sure it is coated Properly ) and Place them in the Non stick Pan in a Single Layer.
May be 6 or 10 at a time depending on pan size.
4. Cover with lid and Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. After 4 minutes Flip them and Cook for another 4 minutes .
Check with Knife whether they are Cooked.
5.Remove the lid and Fry them till Crispy on both sides.
Drizzle some Oil on Each and Every Piece.
Serve with Ketchup.