Raw Mangoes in Winter . Even I was surprised to see them in Indian stores. When ever I buy raw mango in Summer I Prepare this Mango Coconut Chutney .
Reasons why I like this Chutney :
1. Kids like to eat with Steamed rice and Ghee because it is not Sour when combined with Coconut and Spices . One Happy Mommy . Won’t generate any heat in the body , because it is not prepared with too much Red chilli powder or other Spices.
2. We can prepare when ever we are free and refrigerate. Summer is the time to spend less time Indoors and more time Outdoors. So we need these kind of recipes . Save in your recipe list. In Winter , it is too Cold to stay in Kitchen and Cook.
3.. It stays good in the refrigerator for more than 3 days if you add little more Oil in tadka .
4. We can Pack for Kids Lunch Box. Just prepare Tadka with Peanuts and add Cooked rice and Mango Coconut Chutney .
5. I like these kind of recipes , so I can prepare Kids Lunch BOX in 10 Minutes. I’m not the person who want to Cook everything from scratch at 5 :30 in the morning. Because my daughter has to go by 6:40 a.m .
6. Doesn’t need any Cooking excepting dry roasting, grinding and adding Tadka.
If you have Kids Older than 10 , they are definitely going to like this in their Lunch Box. Buy some Raw mangoes and try this recipe and share your feedback with me.
Raw Mangoes are dark green in color and taste very sour. To cut down the sourness from mangoes I added Coconut and Spices. Raw mango is Good source of Vitamin C which helps improve immune system . An unripe mango yields as much Vitamin C as 35 apples,8 Banana’s , 9 Lemons and 3 Oranges. This Chutney recipe Doesn’t need any Cooking except Roasting SPICES and Tempering. When Spices Like Sesame seeds, Coriander and Cumin seeds are roasted the flavor will be at Peak . Even Channa Dal and Urad dal add great new taste when dry roasted and blended with Spices and Red chillies. You are going to like this combination of Mango with Coconut and spices.Source : Health magazines.
Serve with Steamed Rice or as a Side with LUNCH or DINNER or with any APPETIZER like VADA. Stays good in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Just mix with steamed rice and Pack it for Kids Lunch Box – Mango Coconut rice.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People
Preparation and Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
1. Raw Mango – 1
2. Dry Coconut – 1 Cup
3. Green Chillies – 4 ( Mild Spicy)
4. Spices ( Sesame seeds- 3 tbsp. , Channa Dal and Urad dal – 2 tbsp. each , Fenu greek seeds and Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp. each. Coriander and Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp. each.
5. Salt accordingly
6. Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp.
8. Oil for Seasoning – 3 tbsp.
9. Seasoning : Urad dal – 1 tbsp. , Cumin and Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp. each, red chillies -2
10 Curry leaves and Finely chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Dry roast all Spices . Cool them and Grind with Dry Coconut . Transfer to a Bowl.
2. Grind Green chillies with Salt . Add to Spice Powder.
3. Peel the Skin of the Mango , Cut into Pieces and Grind Coarsely. Add to Spice Bowl.
Mix all three together and Check for Salt and add accordingly.
4. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and Splutter Mustard seeds , Urad dal, Cumin seeds , Red chillies , Hing and Curry leaves.
Switch off the Stove and add little turmeric to the Seasoning. Mix well.
5. Garnish with Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.