Crispy Okra (Bhindi) Fry in 15 minutes without deep frying. It is a simple , tastyand Crispy recipe which doesn’t take much time to Cook. Cut Okra lenght wise into four. You can even refrigerate the chopped Okra . Dry Roast the powders and mix with spices and store in Box. It will take less than 15 minutes to Cook . Serve warm with Rasam or Sambar.
RECIPE FOR 3 PEOPLE.
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES.
Note : Serve immediately with Rasam or Sambar . Otherwise it will get Chewy.
1. Okra- 30 ( Wash and Cut into 4 thin strips)
2. Semolina – 1/4 th Cup
3. Chick Pea Flour – 1/4 th Cup
4.Red chilli Powder , Coriander Powder and Cumin Powder – 1/2 tbsp. each
5.Fenu greek Powder – 1/4 th tbsp.
6. Juice of LIME – Half
7.Aajwain – 1/2 tbsp.
8.Oil – 4 tbsp.
9. Salt accordingly and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp.
10. Finely chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Dry roast Semolina, Chickpea flour on Medium Heat for few minutes. Switch off the stove and cool it. Mix it with Red chilli Powder, Coriander, Cumin , Fenugreek Powder and Aajwain.
2. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil in a Non Stick Pan and add Okra , Turmeric Powder, Cumin seeds. Cook on a Medium High Flame with Lid closed for 5 Minutes. Mix gently in Between .Don’t add the SALT.
3. After 5 Minutes Open the lid and Fry Okra by adding 2 more tbsp. Oil without Lid on Medium High Flame. Mix gently in Between. It will take 7 to 10 Minutes to brown the Bhindi.
4. After 7 to 10 Minutes when the Okra is done Sprinkle some Salt . Switch off the Stove and add the Spice Powder. Mix gently and Check for Salt , spices and add accordingly.
5. Squeeze Juice of Half LIME and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.
ENJOY with STEAMED RICE or PLAIN PARATHA with Dal Fry or Sambar or RASAM.
Note : I added Half of the SPICE POWDER . Add accordingly.