Crispy Okra (Bhindi) Fry in 15 minutes without deep frying. It is a simple , tastyand Crispy recipe which doesn’t take much time to Cook. Cut Okra lenght wise into four. You can even refrigerate the chopped Okra . Dry Roast the powders and mix with spices and store in Box. It will take less than 15 minutes to Cook . Serve warm with Rasam or Sambar.
RECIPE FOR 3 PEOPLE.
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES.
Note : Serve immediately with Rasam or Sambar . Otherwise it will get Chewy.
1. Okra- 30 ( Wash and Cut into 4 thin strips)
2. Semolina – 1/4 th Cup or Rice flour – 1/4 th cup
3. Chick Pea Flour – 1/4 th Cup
4.Red chilli Powder , Coriander Powder and Cumin Powder – 1/2 tbsp. each
5.Fenu greek Powder – 1/4 th tbsp.
6. Juice of LIME – Half
7.Aajwain – 1/2 tbsp.
8.Oil – 4 tbsp.
9. Salt accordingly and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp.
10. Finely chopped Coriander Leaves
1. SPICE POWDER – Dry roast Semolina, Chickpea flour on Medium Heat for few minutes. Switch off the stove and cool it. Mix it with Red chilli Powder, Coriander, Cumin , Fenugreek Powder and Aajwain.
2. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil in a Non Stick Pan and add Okra , Turmeric Powder, Cumin seeds. Cook on a Medium High Flame with Lid closed for 5 Minutes. Mix gently in between .Don’t add the SALT.
3. After 5 Minutes Open the lid and fry Okra by adding 2 more tbsp. Oil without Lid on medium high Flame. Mix gently in between. It will take 7 to 10 Minutes to brown the Bhindi.
4. After 7 to 10 Minutes when the Okra is done Sprinkle some Salt . Switch off the Stove and add the Spice Powder. Mix gently and Check for Salt , spices and add accordingly.
5. Squeeze Juice of Half LIME and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.
ENJOY with STEAMED RICE or PLAIN PARATHA with Dal Fry or Sambar or RASAM.
Note : I added Half of the SPICE POWDER . Add accordingly.