Recipe for 6 Medium Roti’s:
Ingredients and Method:
1. Jowar Flour- 1/2 Cup
2. One Handful Wheat Flour
3.Zucchini – 1 Grated or Lauki ( Bottle gourd)
4. Onion – Medium ( Chopped)
5. Green Chillies -2 ( Finely Chopped)
7. Cumin seeds- 1 tbsp.
8.Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
9. Oil for Frying
10 . Warm Water accordingly and Zip Lock Bag
1. Mix all the Ingredients except Oil and Add Water accordingly. Make a Dough.
2. Divide the Dough into 6 Medium Balls.
3. Cut the side of a Ziplock Bag and Place the Dough Ball inside the Ziplock Bag and Press with a round based bowl for a perfect and even roti.
4. Heat a Non Stick Pan on Medium High Heat and fry the Roti’s with little Oil until Golden Brown.
Enjoy these Roti’s with Green Moong dal Kadi and Semi Riped Raw Mango Chutney.
1. Soak 1/4 th Green Moong Dal overnight and Pressure Cook or in the Microwave with Little Salt and Water.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and Splutter Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Urad dal and Red chillies ( 2 break into 4 Pieces) with Curry Leaves.
3. Add 2 Finely Chopped Tomatoes. Cook until Tomatoes are Soft. Add Red chilli powder, Coriander and Cumin Powder or Sambar Powder . Cool it before adding to Yogurt ( Curd)
4. Add Cooked Moong Dal and Yogurt to Cooked tomato.
5. Grind coconut with 2 Green Chillies and little Salt. Add Coconut Mixture and Finely chopped Coriander Leaves to Yogurt(Curd). Check for Salt and Spices and add accordingly. Note : Adding Coconut is Optional
Recipe for 4 People:
1.Dry roast 1/4 th Cup Channa Dal and when they are Half roasted add 2 tbsp. Urad dal,1 tbsp. Cumin and Coriander seeds, 1/4 th tbsp. Mustard and fenugreek seeds, 3 tbsp. white sesame seeds , 2 Red chillies. Cool them and Grind with Handful of Dry Coconut , 2 Green chillies and little Salt. Transfer to a Bowl.
2. Peel the Skin of Semi Riped Raw Mango , cut into small Pieces and Grind Coarsely and transfer to Spice Bowl.
3.Grind Medium Onion Coarsely and transfer to Spice Bowl.
4. Mix all together.
5.Heat 2 tbsp Oil and Splutter Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Urad Dal,Curry leaves and Coriander leaves.Add this seasoning to the Chutney.
Taste good because of sweet and sour taste of Mango.
Note : Serve after 2 hours of Preparation . Stays Good for 2 to 3 Days in the Refrigerator.