This Vegetable Dal is a One pot Meal for Kids . Feed at least 1/2 Cup everyday with Steamed rice or Phulka or Plain Paratha . If feeding for small kids Mix Vegetable dal with Steamed rice and any stir fry vegetable like Tindora , Okra ( Bhindi) , Karela , Snake gourd, Carrot stir fry , Indian cluster Beans and Indian Broad Beans . They will get enough nutrition and fiber .
Recipe for 2 Adults and 2 Kids.
Preparation and Cooking Time : 30 Minutes.
1.Toor Dal , Yellow Moong Dal and Channa Dal -1/2 th Cup ( Soak for an30 minutes and Pressure Cook with enough Water)
2. Onion – Medium ( Chopped)
3. Tomatoes -2 ( Chopped)
4.Zucchini -1 ( chopped) or Lauki ( Green Squash) or Yellow Cucumber or Ridge gourd
5. Spinach – 3 Handfuls ( Finely Chopped)
6. Grated Carrot
7. Curry Powder -1/2 or 1 tbsp ( Blend Redchilli Powder, Coriander , Cumin Powder , Garlic and fresh Coriander) and Rasam or Sambar powder – 1 /2 tbsp.
9. Turmeric -1/4 th tbsp
10. Oil -2 tbsp and Ghee – 1 tbsp
11. Juice of Lime – half or Full
12. Seasoning : Urad dal -1 tbsp, Cumin seeds-1 tbsp,Mustard seeds -1/2 tbsp ,Red chillies -2 and Hing
13. Garlic Cloves -4 (Crushed)
14. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and Sauté Onions with Little Salt and Turmeric .
2. Once Onions are Browned add Chopped Tomatoes ,Zucchini, Spinach, Grated Carrot , Curry Powder and Sambar Powder ,Cooked Dals . Mix well and Cook Until Vegetables are Cooked enough .Mix between to avoid burning.
3.Heat 1 tbsp Oil and 1 tbsp Ghee and Splutter Mustard seeds,Cumin seeds, Urad dal ,Red chillies,Crushed Garlic,Hing ,Curry Leaves. Add this Seasoning to the Cooked Dal . Mix well.
4.Squeeze Juice of Half Lime. Check for Salt and Spices and add accordingly.
5. Garnish with Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.