Recipe for 35 to 40 Vada’s .
I make Milk pudding with rice or Vermicelli . This time I tried Mixed milk pudding . Lovely dessert for any festive season , warm or Cold . You will love the creaminess when it is finished. Added Jaggery instead of Sugar and cardamom for flavor. It will take 15 minutes or less and will be loved by your family. Along with milk pudding I ‘m sharing Mix Dal vada with Spinach . Make sure you use dry Spinach , otherwise it will absorb Oil . Do try this combination of Vada with Milk pudding for any festive Season.
Preparation and Cooing Time: 60 Minutes
1. Channa Dal – 1 Cup
2. Yellow Moong Dal – 1 Cup
3. Green Moong Dal – 1 Cup
4. Spinach – 4 Handfuls ( Finely Chopped)
5. Onion – 1 Big ( Chopped)
6. Green Chillies – 3 to 4 ( Mild Spicy)
7. Salt accordingly
8. Cumin Seeds- 1 tbsp.
9.Oil for Shallow Frying
10. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.
1. Soak Dal’s Overnight or at least 6 Hours.
2. Wash 4 to 5 times and Drain all Water and Grind the Dal’s Coarsely with Little Salt and Green Chillies.
Mix it with Spoon while Grinding. No need to add any Water because Dal’s already soaked up some Water.
3. Transfer to a Bowl and Mix with Finely Chopped Onions, Coriander Leaves ,Spinach and Cumin seeds.
Mix well and Check for Salt and add accordingly.
4. Heat enough Oil for Shallow Frying.
5.Dip your Hand in Water and take Portion of the Batter and roll into the shape of Vada’s.
6. Slide into the Pre heated Oil gently.
7. Flip after few seconds and fry till Golden Brown.
8. Transfer to a Plate lined with Paper Towel . So it will absorb excess Oil.
Enjoy with Ginger Chutney or Coriander Chutney.
MIXED MILK PUDDING:
Mixed Milk Pudding with Roasted Whole Wheat Vermicelli , Sooji and Sabudana.
1. Soak 1/4 th Cup Sabudana for 1 hour and wash 2 to 3 times.
2.Roast Sooji(1 tbsp.) and Vermicelli ( 1/4 th Cup) , Nuts and Raisins in 1 tbsp. Ghee.
3. Transfer to a Bowl .
4. Cook Sabudana in 1 and 1/2 glass or 12 Ounces Water for 5 Minutes. Once Sabudana is Cooked , add Sooji, Vermicelli, Nuts, Raisins , Powdered Jaggery ( 1/4 th Cup or accordingly) .
Cook for 5 Minutes.
5.Add 1 and 1/2 Glass Milk or 12 Ounces Milk and Bring to Boil . Add Cardamom(2).
ENJOY Vada’s with Warm Mixed Milk Pudding.