Enjoy this ONE POT Nutritional MEAL for BREAKFAST/ LUNCH /DINNER
Upma is a South Indian Breakfast recipe . We prepare different types of Upma’s with Sooji, Vermicelli, Flattened rice, Broken rice , Daliya and Rice flour. Rice flour is one Variation we can prepare with buttermilk. Can be prepared for Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner . Today i’m sharing a simple , wholesome , one pot meal which can be prepared in less than 30 minutes with rice flour , Butter milk for tanginess , by adding some Vegetables , LOT of ONIONS ( Saute uncovered as mentioned in the recipe for crispness) ,Channa dal for extra taste and roasted Peanuts for crunchiness. Mild spicy from Green chillies and ginger and Seasoning with Broken red chillies and dals will enhance the taste of Upma. It is an Instant recipe if you have all ingredients . You can use store bought rice flour. Ratio of Buttermilk to water must be 1 to 1/2 as mentioned in the recipe so you can enjoy tanginess .Try this Rice flour Upma which is tangy in taste.
Recipe for 2 to 3 People:
Preparation and Cooking Time : 30 Minutes.
1.Rice Flour – 1 Cup
2. Butter Milk – 1 Cup
3. Water – 1/2 Cup
4. Onion – 1 Big ( Slice Length Wise)
5. Green Chillies -2 ( Mild Spicy)
6. Vegetables – 1 Cup
7. Soaked Channa Dal – 1/4 th Cup
8. Peanuts – 1/4 th Cup ( Roasted)
9.Oil – 4 tbsp. or accordingly
11. Curry Leaves and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
12. Seasoning – Urad dal – 1 tbsp., Mustard seeds -1/4 th tbsp. , Cumin seeds- 1 tbsp. and Red Chillies -2
1. Mix Rice Flour in Butter Milk, Water and Little Salt. Mix without Lumps.
2.Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and Splutter Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Urad Dal ,Red chillies. If Peanuts are not Roasted add Peanuts.
3. Once Peanuts are roasted add sliced Onions , Curry Leaves and fry for Few Minutes. Saute Onions without covering the Lid.
4. Add Vegetables and Soaked Channa Dal. After 5 Minutes add RICE FLOUR mixture and Mix well. Add 2 more tbsp. of Oil.
5. Cover with the Lid and Cook for 15 to 20 Minutes. Cook on a Medium Flame. Mix in between to avoid Burning.
Check for Salt and add accordingly .Garnish with Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.