Enjoy this Chutney with Steamed Rice or with any Appetizer or as a Spread on a toast or Chapathi or as a side with LUNCH or DINNER.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People :
Preparation and Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
1.Coriander – 2 Bunches
2. Mint – 1 Bunch
3.Urad Dal and Channa Dal – 1/4 th Cup Each
4. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp.
5. Tamarind – Marble Size ( Soak in Water)
6. Red chillies – 2
7. Green Chilies – 2 ( Mild Spicy)
8.Garlic Cloves – 4
9.Oil – 4 tbsp.
10 . Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th Tbsp
11. Seasoning – Urad Dal – 2 tbsp., Cumin seeds- 1 tbsp. , Mustard seeds- 1/2 tbsp. and Red chillies-2
12 . Juice of Lime – 1/2 ( If needed)
1.Wash Coriander and Mint 3 to 4 times.
2.Soak Tamarind in Water.
3. Roast Channa Dal and Urad Dal with 1 tbsp. Oil . When they are Half Done add Cumin Seeds, Red Chillies and Green Chillies.
Cool them before Grinding.
4. In the same Pan Cook Coriander and Mint with 1 tbsp. Oil with Lid Covered.
After 5 Minutes Uncover and Cook till Water Evaporates. Cool it before Grinding.
5. First Grind Urad Dal and Channa Dal . When they are Grinded into fine Powder add Red Chillies , Green Chillies , Garlic Cloves by adding Tamarind Pulp.
6. Slowly add Coriander and Mint too.
Transfer to a Bowl.
7. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and Splutter Mustard Seeds, Urad Dal , Cumin seeds and Red Chillies.
Add the Seasoning to the Chutney and Mix well.
NOTE : If Tamarind is not enough , Squeeze juice of HALF LIME.