Recipe needs 4 tbsp. Oil. Need Good Non stick Pan . So it won’t Consume More Oil.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
and Cooking Time : 15 Minutes.
1. Okra – 20 to 25
2. Roasted Channa Dal – 1/2 Cup or Chickpea flour
3. Cumin and Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp. each
4. Fenugreek seeds and Mustard seeds – 1/4 th tbsp. each
5.Tamarind – Marble Size or Mango powder .
7. Turmeric- 1/4 th Tbsp
8. Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp.
9. Oil – 4 tbsp.
10. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.
1.Dry roast Cumin seeds, Coriander seeds, Mustard seeds, and Fenugreek seeds. Cool them and Grind with Roasted Channa Dal or Chickpea flour , Tamarind or Mango Powder , Salt , Turmeric and Red chilli Powder.
2. Mix this Powder with 2 tbsp. Oil.
3. Stuff this Powder into Okra.
4. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil in a Non stick Pan and Place the Stuffed Okra in a Single Layer. Sprinkle some Salt. Cook for 7 Minutes with Lid closed.
5. Flip them slowly and Cook the other side for 7 Minutes with lid open . Drizzle 2 more tbsp. Oil . Cook till Okra is Light Brown. Garnish with finely chopped Coriander Leaves.
Squeeze Juice of Half Lime for extra flavor and Optional.
Okra also known as Lady’s Finger made its first appearance about 3500 years ago. It is an important vegetable crop in tropical, subtropical countries and Warm temperature regions around the World. Okra is thought to have originated near the equator in Africa . It eventually made its way into Northern Africa , the Meditterean and India for its journey across the Atlantic to the New World. Even 3500 years ago people knew this exotic vegetable which has many Health Benefits which are lesser known today. It was believed Okra was one of Cleopatra’s favorite vegetable. Okra is called a Super food for People with or at risk for Diabetes or Cancer . Nutrients in Okra can be useful for those who aim to improve their Well Being. Okra is rich in Vitamins A and Vitamin C as well as Minerals like Iron and Calcium . Along with Vitamins and Minerals , the Anti Oxidants in Okra can trigger a process in the Cancer Cells which reduces their size and activity , limiting the Spread in the Body. Okra is your Intestinal tract’ s friend because this part of the body comes with Good and Bad bacteria and Okra is good food to keep your GI tract Healthy due to its contribution for the good bacteria known as Probiotics in your GI tract . The fiber contained in this vegetable are Soluble and Insoluble meaning they enhance the digestion supporting the liver and Kidneys and also Stabilizes Blood Sugar levels. It can Curb the rate of Sugar absorption when it goes to the intestinal tract and it is effective in doing so.You have many Options when it comes to Cooking Okra because it is Pretty Versatile and can be made into a Stew , Boiled ,Stir fried , Stuffed and Pickled .