Rasam with Eggplant Roasted Green Chillies and Sesame Seeds Powder. Eggplant rasam is a very tasty rasam recipe served with Steamed rice and Dal . You will like different tastes in one Bowl . Little tangy , sweetness from Jaggery and Creamy taste from Cooked Eggpant . I added sesame seeds Spice powder. Not only adds flavor but tastes good too. Roast Green chillies and grind along with Sesame seeds or Use mortar and Pestol . What I like about these Eggplant is they Cook fast with minimum Oil . Just pan fry for 3 Minutes on each side. Cool , shred and add to the Rasam. It taste good even after 2 to 3 days ( refrigerate) and serve as a side for Lunch / Dinner . Here is a Simple Rasam recipe with Eggplant.
DIFFERENT TASTES IN A SINGLE Bowl.
Recipe for 4 People .
Preparation and Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
1. Eggplant – 4 ( Eggplant of your Choice) or Purple long eggplants
2. Onion- Medium ( Finely chopped)
3. Oil – 2 tbsp. and Ghee – 1 tbsp.
4. Curry Leaves and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
5. Tamarind – Lemon Size ( Soak in Water and Extract the Pulp)
6. Jaggery – 1 Small Block
7.Water – 2 Glasses ( 16 Ounces)
8. Green Chillies – 2 to 4 ( Mild Spicy)
9. Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp.
10.Grind to Fine Powder:
Dry Roast 1 tbsp. Cumin Seeds and 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds.
Cool them and Grind with Handful of Dry Coconut into a Fine Powder .
Grind Roasted Green Chillies too .
1.Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and Cook Eggplant ( Cut into Small Pieces) . Sprinkle Some Salt . Add Green Chillies too. Cook on Medium High Flame with Lid Closed. After Few Minutes Flip the the Brinjals and Cook the Other Side .
Once the Eggplant is Cooked transfer to a Bowl and Cool them. Once Cooled Shred them into small Pieces.
2. To the Shredded Eggplant Pieces add Tamarind Pulp , Powdered Jaggery, 2 Glasses of Water, Finely Chopped Onions, Salt , Turmeric, Sesame seed Powder with Green Chillies , Curry Leaves and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves. Mix everything.
3. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and 1 tbsp. Ghee and Splutter Mustard Seeds , Urad Dal , Cumin Seeds and Red Chillies. Add the Seasoning to the Rasam.
ENJOY with Steamed Rice of your Choice and Ghee or Phulka