I have a bag of Capsicum in the refrigerator . Doesn’t want them to go bad . Prepared curry , Capsicum rice . Still I have left over . So prepared Capsicum Almond chutney that you can serve as a side for Lunch or Dinner . You can even use this Chutney to mix with some Cooked Pasta and Vegetables . Stays good in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. I used Green Chillies and Red chillies . Adjust the Spices according to your taste . Almonds add nutty flavor when roasted and blended with other spices . Simple and tasty chutney recipe that you can prepare in less time .
Recipe for Pasta with Capsicum Almond Chutney:
Easy way to Cook Pasta in Pressure Cooker . To One Cup Pasta add 2 1/2 cups Water , little salt for 2 whistles on Medium High Heat . When pressure comes down drain the Pasta and discard the water .
Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and Saute some Shallots with Crushed Garlic. Once Onions are brown add 1 Cup Finely chopped Vegetables. Don’t cover with lid . Vegetables will be Crunchy . Add Cooked Pasta and Capsicum Almond Chutney . Mix well . Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly . Garnish with finely chopped Coriander Leaves .
Note : You can substitute Tamarind for Lemon . Don’t add seasoning ( Tadka) if you want to use for Pasta recipes .
RECIPE for 4 People.
PREPARATION and COOKING time : 30 Minutes.
1. Oil – 3 tbsp.
2. Bell Peppers – 2 ( chopped)
3. Roma Tomato’s – 2 ( chopped)
4. Green Chillies – 2 ( Mild spicy)
5. Almonds – 10 to 15
6. Salt as per taste
7. Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
8.Garlic cloves – 6 ( Crushed )
9. Tamarind – Marble size
10.Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp. , Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp. and Red chillies – 1 or 2 , Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp , Fenugreek seeds
11. Seasoning or Tadka – ( Channa Dal – 2 tbsp. , Cumin seeds and Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp., Urad dal – 1 tbsp, Red chillies -2 )
1.Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and Cook Bell Peppers, Tomato’s , Green Chillies and Curry Leaves with Little Salt and Turmeric. COOL them.
2. Dry roast Almonds , Cumin seeds , Coriander seeds and red chillies . Cool the spices and grind with Raw Garlic, Tamarind .Transfer to a Bowl .Now Grind Bell Pepper, Green Chillies , Curry Leaves and Tomato’s coarsely .
3. Transfer to the Spice Bowl . Mix the Spice Powder with Bell peppers.
4. Heat 2 tbsp Oil and Splutter Mustard seeds, Channa Dal , Urad dal, Cumin seeds, Red chillies, Curry Leaves and Chopped Garlic n Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.
5. Add this Garlic Seasoning to the Capsicum Chutney. Mix well.
ENJOY with Plain Partha , Jowar Roti or Steamed Rice.