Cracked Wheat ( Daliya)Mixed Dal Dosa . No ENO and No Baking Soda)Stays Good in the Refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Easy to remember measurements. You can prepare IDLI , UTTAPAM and DOSA with same batter .
Fermented foods are predigested by bacteria and hence easier to digest . Also lactic acid and enzymes formed during the fermentation process aid digestion especially protein digestion . Lactic acid formed during fermentation not only preserves the food but also promotes the growth of a Healthy intestinal flora.
Lentils known as Dal are staple in Indian diet . High in protein and makes a great food to start our day. Lentils have a high nutrition value that anyone can benefit. Due its fiber and complex Carbohydrates lentils increase steady , slow burning energy . One Cup of lentils contains only 230 Calories but still leaves you feeling full and satisfied. Dosa can be prepared with Urad dal and rice or with different lentils and Daliya ( Cracked wheat) or Quinoa or Millets . Eating Daliya or Cracked Wheat is a nutritious way of consuming Wheat as this is not Polished and does not loose any of its nutrients .It is a Healthy Breakfast for people who want to avoid rice in their diet. Daliya or Cracked Wheat offers you nutrients without adding pounds to your body . It is absorbed slowly and helps to balance Blood sugar levels . High in Protein , low in fat and Calories and keeps digestive tract Healthy. Dosa has Unique flavor and taste good when served warm . Fermented Dosa are healthy because of Probiotics and taste good than non fermented Dosa’s . You can ferment a small batch of Batter .
You can even add a Small piece of Ginger and Green chillies while Grinding. Ginger an ancient wonder spice which can activate your digestive juices and Green Chillies helps in maintaining the Immune system of the human body . Source : Health Magazines .
Serve with Coconut Chutney .
Recipe for COCONUT CHUTNEY :
Dry roast Handful of peanuts with 2 Red chillies . Cool the Peanuts and grind with Handful of Roasted Channa Dal , 2 Handfuls of Dry cconut or Fresh Coconut 1/2 Cup , 2 Green Chillies , Salt , Tamarind ( Marble Size ) with enough water .
Heat 2 tbsp. oil and Splutter Mustard seeds , Urad dal , Cumin seeds , Broken Red chillies – 4, Curry leaves .
Add the tadka to the Coconut Chutney with finely chopped Coriander Leaves .
1. Crackled Wheat( Daliya) – 2 Cups or Daliya – One cup and Brown Basmati rice – 1 cup for Crispy dosa .
OR Daliya ( Cracked wheat ) – One cup and Oats – One cup
2. Urad dal – One Cup
3. Channa Dal – 1/2 Cup
4. Yellow Moong Dal – 1/2 Cup
5. Green Whole Moong Dal – 1/2 Cup
7. Green Chillies -2 ( mild Spicy)
8. Water for grinding
9. Oil for Frying
1. Soak Dals and Cracked Wheat Overnight.
2. Wash before Soaking and after soaking. Grind with little Salt, Green Chillies and Sufficient Water.
Adding Green Chillies is Optional. FERMENT OVERNIGHT .
3. Transfer the Batter into a Bowl. Batter should be Pouring Consistency. Not too thin or thick .
4. Heat a Non stick Pan Over Medium High Heat.When the Pan is warm enough Grease the Pan with Oil. Spread the Oil with a Paper Towel. YOU CAN TRY SMALL DOSA FIRST .
5. Pour Big Spoonful of Dosa Batter and spread on the Pan in a Circular Motion.Spread evenly with the back of the Spoon.
6. Drizzle Oil over the edges of the Dosa . Cook Dosa till it is brown on both sides.
7. Fold sides of the Dosa and it is ready to be served with Coconut Chutney and Sambar.
8. To make SECOND DOSA , Sprinkle Water on the Pan and clean with Paper Towel to Clean the Batter if sticked to the Pan. It will reduce temperature for Second Dosa. Spread the Batter for Second Dosa.
9. Repeat with remaining Batter to make more Dosa’s . Cook on Medium or Medium High heat.
10.Tasty Dosa’s are ready to be served with Chutney.