Indian Cluster Beans with infused Oil and Potato. Soft and Creamy Vegetable recipe prepared with Few Ingredients . Done in 30 Minutes with 5 Step Cooking. I shared how to Cook Cluster Beans without getting Mushy and holds shape even after finish Cooking. And the Special tadka changes the bland taste of the Vegetable . Grind Onions Coarsely for extra flavor and taste. Adding Potato is Optional . We like Boiled and Crumbled Potato with vegetable . Serve with Phulka , Sliced Onions, Green Chilli and Salad Cucumber Slices and Vegetable Raita.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People:
Preparation and Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
READ IMPORTANT notes at the end of the RECIPE.
1. Indian Cluster Beans – 20 Handfuls
2. Onion – Medium ( Finely Chopped and Grind Coarsely)
3. Potato – 2 ( Boiled and Crumbled)
4. Garlic Cloves – 6
7. Oil – 4 tbsp.
8. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp.
9 . Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp.
10. Finely Chopped Coriander leaves and Curry Leaves
11. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp. ( Blend of red chilli Powder , Coriander Powder , Cumin Powder and Garlic Cloves and Coriander Leave)
12. Handful of Roasted Peanuts or Cashew Nuts
13. Red Chilli Flakes – 1 tbsp.
14. Juice of Half Lime .
1. Wash the Indian Cluster Beans and Cut 1 Inch long ( Cut the Crown and end Part) . Pressure Cook the Beans with little Water ( So no Wastage of Water after Cooking) and Salt. Cook the Potato’s too with Beans for 3 to 4 Whistles. After the Pressure comes down Cool the Beans in a Wide Plate.
2. Grind Onions Coarsely. Saute the Onions with 1 tbsp. Oil , Cumin Seeds, Mustard seeds ,Little Salt ,Turmeric and Curry Leaves. Once the Onions are Brown add the Indian Cluster Beans and One more tbsp. Oil and fry till Water evaporates.( for 3 to 4 minutes)
3. Meanwhile Heat 2 tbsp. Oil . Switch off the stove and add Crushed Garlic, Curry Powder, Curry Leaves Finely Chopped Coriander leaves and Red Chilli Flakes .
4. Once the Beans are fried add this Garlic Oil and Boiled and Crumbled Potato’s. Mix Gently.
5. Squeeze Juice of Half Lime , and add Handful of Roasted Peanuts or Cashew Nuts.
1. Pressure Cook Cluster Beans along with Potato with Half Cup Water and little Salt for 3 Whistles. Don’t over cook . When Pressure comes down Strain out all excess water ( Not much water will be left) as we cooked with Half glass Water . Cool in a wide Plate, so when cooking they wont get mushy.
2. Garlic Oil gives nice taste and aroma for the dish . Don’t skip . Grind Onions Coarsely.
3. Do not skip Lime Juice .
4 Adding Red pepper flakes is Optional .
5. Curry Powder is must for the Dish.