Prepare the gravy ahead of time and refrigerate . Cook before you serve for Lunch/Dinner . It will takes 15 Minutes.
According to US Department of Agriculture Potatoes are Number One vegetable Crop and fourth most consumed Crop in the world behind rice, Wheat and Corn. We all have a fear that Potatoes are high in Carbohydrates and white in Color like Rice and Pasta and doesn’t have any nutritional Health Benefits . Potatoes are good Source of Vitamins and excellent Source of B6 a Vitamin which is essential for the formation of almost every new Cell in the Body . Cooked Potatoes or Baked Potatoes are low in Calories , High in fiber that offer significant protection against Cardiovascular disease and Cancer . The fiber is mostly in the skin . So don’t peel the skin and Consume both Skin and flesh. Banana’s are famous for Potassium that control our Blood Pressure and has 9 percent of your daily needs . A Baked or Cooked Potato with Skin has twice as much as 20 Percent . Source : Health Magazines .
Today’s recipe is Baby Potatoes Cooked in Tomato gravy and Spices . A simple , easy to Cook and delicious , satisfying side dish for Phulka , Plain Paratha or Biryani. A perfect blend of Spices , Whole Garam Masala and I added Roasted Channa dal for thickening and Yogurt for tangy taste . It surely a rich dish without adding Cream and Cashews . This recipe is easy to cook for Weekdays Lunch / Dinner and tasty to eat. Here is the Recipe for 3 People . Adjust the Spices according to your taste.
Recipe for 3 People:
Preparation and Cooking Time : Less than 30 Minutes
1. Oil – 1 tbsp
2. Baby Potato’s – 6
3.Onion – Medium (Finely Chopped) , Ginger and Garlic Paste – 1tbsp
4. Grind to Paste : ( Tomato’s – 3 ( Medium Roma Tomato’s) , Red chilli Powder – 1/2 tbsp. , Coriander and Cumin Powder – 1/2 tbsp., Fenugreek Powder and Mustard Powder – 1/4 th tbsp., Dry Cooconut – Hand ful , Garlic Cloves – 2, ROASTED CHANNA DAL – 3 tbsp. for thickening)
5. Salt as per taste.
6. Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp. and Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp.
7.Curd or Yogurt – 3 tbsp.
8. Whole Garam Masala – ( Cloves -4 , Cardamom- 1 , Cinnamon stick -1 small, Bay Leaves -2 )
9.Curry Leaves -5
10. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
11.Pav bhaj Masala Powder – 1/2 tbsp. to 1 tbsp
1. Cook Baby Potato’s in Microwave or in Pressure Cooker.
2.Grind all the Ingredients under Grind to Paste.
3. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and Saute Onions with Whole Garam Masala , Cumin seeds, Little Salt, Turmeric and Curry Leaves.
4. Once Onions turn light Brown add Ginger Garlic Paste , Cooked Potatoes and Tomato Paste . Add Water according to your Consistency.
Cook on a Medium High Flame for 7 to 10 Minutes. Mix in between to avoid burning.
5.After 10 Minutes Switch off the Stove and add 3 tbsp. Curd, PHAV BHAJI MASALA powder and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves. Mix well and Check for Salt and adjust .
SERVE with PHULKA or CHAPATHI or Biryani .