With some creativity in the Kitchen it’s definitely possible to please your taste buds with less work. Take few minutes to prepare this easy Pasta for Quick Lunch / Dinner or Kids Lunch Box . I cooked Pasta in Pressure Cooker for Fast Cooking . I used Ketchup as this Recipe is for Kids Lunch Box idea. Adding Soya Sauce and Chilli Sauce is Optional instead of Ketchup.
Adding more water and a tbsp. Oil to Cook Pasta give room for them to Cook and they don’t stick to one another and you can discard unwanted Starch . Do not add too much Salt you will end up with Salty Pasta. I didn’t use any Pasta water in my recipe as it is a dry version and want to Pack for Kids Lunch Box. Do the Preparations day before like Cooking Pasta and chopping Vegetables. So you can prepare Lunch Box for Kids in very less time.
Recipe for 2 to 3 People
Preparation and Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
1. Penne Pasta – 1 Cup ( Measuring Cup)
2. Water – 2 cups for Cooking Pasta
3. Zucchini – 1 Big ( Cut into the Size of Penne Pasta)
4. Cabbage – 1/2 or 1 Cup ( Finely Chopped)
5. Big Cherry Tomato’s – 4 ( Cut into 4 ‘s)
6. Oil – 3 tbsp. ( 2 tbsp. for Recipe and 1 tbsp. for Cooking Pasta)
7. Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp.
8. Red chilli Powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder – 1/2 or 1 tbsp. or Rasam powder / Sambar powder – 1/2 or 1 tbsp
9. Garlic Cloves – 4 ( Sliced)
10. Red Pepper Flakes – 1 tbsp. ( Mild Spicy)
11. Ketchup – 2 tbsp.
12. Finely chopped Coriander leaves
13 .Soya Sauce and Chilli Sauce ( Optional)
14. Cheese – 1/4 th cup
1.Pressure cook Penne Pasta with One and Half Cup Water , little Salt, 1 tbsp. Oil for 2 Whistles. When the Pressure Comes down Transfer Pasta to a Bowl .
2. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and fry Sliced Garlic , Cumin Seeds and Red Pepper Flakes. Add Zucchini and finely chopped Cabbage and Cook for few minutes without Lid . So the Vegetables stay Crispy.
3. Once the vegetables are light Brown add Tomato’s and stir fry for 3 Minutes. Season with little Salt.
4. Switch off the Stove and add Cooked Pasta and 1 more tbsp. Oil , Red chilli Powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder or simple Rasam Powder.
5. Add Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves , Ketchup and Cheese .
Note : You can add Soya Sauce and Chilli Sauce instead of Ketchup.