Cauliflower is a white food we can feel good about eating. This non starchy vegetable is a Cruciferous vegetable like Cabbage and Broccoli . Intake of these vegetables is associated with lower risk of some diseases . We can eat it raw in salads, roast or use in Stir fried Cooking. Healthy version for Mashed potatoes . It contains impressive array of nutrients including Vitamins, Minerals , antioxidants and Phytochemicals . According to some research Cauliflower sprinkled with turmeric may be powerful in fighting Cancers. Impressively One serving provides 18 Percent of daily value of Vitamin C. Avoid Cauliflower which are discolored and buy head that are tight and firm . You can get solid fresh Cauliflower fro Summer to fall . It will last more than 2 weeks if you store in a Produce bag and store in the lower shelf of the refrigerator.
Today I’m sharing a new recipe with Cauliflower . The recipe calls for 3 stage simple Cooking. Check the recipe how to Cook cauliflower so it retains it’s texture. Don’t add Soaked Soya chunks. I shared how to cook Soya chunks so you can have soft and Crispy Soya chunks . You will experience different tastes in every bite with perfectly cooked Cauliflower and Soya chunks without loosing texture.
Source : Health Magazines
Recipe for 3 to 4 People.
Preparation and Cooking Time.
1. Cauliflower – 1 Medium ( Cut the florets and Soak in Salt Water and Wash 3 to 4 times)
3. Onion – 1 ( Medium , Finely Chopped)
4. Tomato’s -3 ( Finely chopped)
5. Garlic cloves – 4 ( Sliced)
6. Green Chillies – 6 ( Mild Spicy)
7. Soya Chumks – 1 Cup
8. Ketchup – 3 to 4 tbsp.
9. Red chilli Flakes – 1 tbsp.
10 . Juice of Lime – 1/2
11. Oil – 4 tbsp.
12. Salt as per taste
13. Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp.
14. Curry Leaves and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Wash and Soak Soya Chunks for 30 Minutes. After 30 Minutes drain out all Water. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and squeeze Water from Soya Chunks and Pan fry Soya Chunks with little Salt. Once they are Brown , transfer to a Bowl.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil in the same Pan and Cook the Cauliflower florets till Golden Brown . Season with little Salt . Once the florets are Brown , transfer to Soya Chunks Bowl. Cook on Medium High.
3. In the Same Pan Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and Saute Onions , Bell Peppers with Cumin seeds , Little Salt , Turmeric Powder, Curry Leaves and Green Chillies. Once Onions are Brown , add Tomato’s and Cook Until Tomato’s are soft.
4. Once the Tomato’s are soft add Spice Powder, Red chilli Powder , Ketchup and Lime Juice. Mix well. Add Cauliflower florets , Soya chunks and Mix well so the Cauliflower florets are well Coated with Spices . Sprinkle the Red chilli flakes.
5. Cover the Lid for 10 Minutes so all the Spices will Blend with the Florets . Cook for 5 Minutes. After 5 Minutes switch off the stove and leave on the stove for few Minutes before you Serve.
Garnish with Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.
ENJOY with Plain Paratha.
Note : Adjust the Spices, Ketchup, Red chilli flakes and Lime Juice according to your taste.