WHOLE WHEAT BREAD HALWA . Rich and Creamy dessert recipe that will satisfy your Sweet Cravings. Save some slices of Bread to try this delicious and mouth watering dessert that you can prepare in no time with easy available ingredients from your Pantry. I pan fried Bread slices instead of deep frying. Same in taste as fried one. I used Jaggery instead of sugar. I like Jaggery in my dessert recipes. When compared to sugar Jaggery has enormous benefits and used widely in Cooking and in medicines. It retains nutritional value while processing.and Good source of Iron . The calcium content in Milk and Iron in Jaggery helps in strengthening Bones . The Carbohydrate present in Jaggery gives instant energy and makes you feel active and also increase appetite. Add a handful of Pumpkin seeds which is good source of protein. Buy seeds which are light yellow color seeds that feel heavy in your hands. Store in air seal container and in refrigerator for longer shelf life. It is a easy Dessert recipe which is not Deep Fried and without Sugar.
Recipe for 4 People.
Preparation n Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
1. Whole Wheat Bread – 6 Slices
2. Roasted whole wheat Vermicelli – 1/4 th Cup
3. Nuts – 1/2 Cup ( Cashews , Almonds and Pistachios)
4. Raisins- Handful
5. Pumpkin seeds – Handful ( For Garnishing)
6. Jaggery – 2 Blocks or accordingly
7. Milk – 3 Cups ( 24 Ounces)
8. Ghee – 2 tbsp.
9. Cardamom – 3 to 4
1. Powder One Fourth of the Nuts and One Fourth for Garnishing
2.Pan Fry Bread Slices with Little Ghee and Cut into Squares.
3. Boil milk with Vermicelli and Powdered Jaggery.
Once Vermicelli is Cooked switch off the Stove .
4. Add Bread Slices, Powdered Nuts and Cardamom.
5. Check for the sweetness and add accordingly. Garnish with 1/4 th cup Nuts and Ghee.