EASY available Ingredients .
Stays Good in Refrigerator for 3 to 4 Days.
Enjoy with Steamed Rice.
Recipe for 4 People.
Preparation and Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
1. Gongura Leaves- 1 Bunch
2.Medium Onion – Chopped and Grind Coarsely, GARLIC cloves – 4 ( Crushed)
3.Red Chillies – 6
4. Channa Dal – 3 tbsp.
5. Coriander and Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp. each, Fenugreek Seeds – 10 , Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
6. Salt as per taste
7. Turmeric Powder – 1/4 th tbsp
8. Oil – 6 Tbsp
9. Seasoning – Urad dal – 1 tbsp. , Cumin seeds and Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp., Channa Dal – 2 tbsp. , Red chillies – 2 , Hing – Pinch.
10. Curry Leaves and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.
1. Pluck the Leaves of Gongura and Wash 3 to 4 times and Drain all Water.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and fry Red chillies( on Medium Flame) . Transfer to a Plate. In the Same Oil Fry Channa Dal, Coriander seeds, Fenugreek seeds , Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds. Cool them before Grinding.
3. In the Same Pan Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and Fry Gongura Leaves. Don’t cover with the Lid and fry till Water Evaporates. Cool the Fried Gongura Leaves before Grinding.
4. Cut the Onions and Pulse in the Blender and transfer to a Bowl.. NOT fine Paste.
5. Grind Fried Red Chillies, Channa Dal , Coriander , Cumin , Fenugreek and Mustard Seeds. Now grind Cooked Gongura Leaves with the Spices , Little Salt and Turmeric . If needed add 2 tbsp. of OIL while Grinding. Transfer to the Onion Bowl and Mix Gongura Mixture and Onions together.
6. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and Splutter Mustard seeds, Urad dal , Channa Dal, Cumin seeds , Red Chillies, Hing ,Crushed GARLIC , Curry Leaves and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves. Add the Seasoning to the GONGURA Chutney and Mix well , Check for Salt and add accordingly.