Today I’m sharing an Instant Breakfast recipe Urad dal roti . You can soak Dal and rice Overnight or for 2 to 3 Hours. We don’t ferment the Batter. Grinding the Batter is different from regular Dosa Batter. Check the recipe. It is a Crispy and Crunchy roti . If you want little Spicy grind the Batter with Green chillies . Stays Good in the Refrigerator for 4 to 5 Days.Just add Finely Chopped Onions and Cumin seeds before Preparing the Roti. I tried with both rice Long white grain or Brown rice or Combination of both .
If you want to serve for Lunch or Dinner Serve with RAW CUCUMBER TOMATO Chutney. It is a Crispy and soft roti you can enjoy for any Meal.
1. Urad dal – 1 Cup
2. Channa Dal – 1/2 Cup
3. Rice – 1 Cup White LONG Grain Rice or Brown Rice ( I tried with both rice.)
4. Green Chillies – 2 to 4
5. Salt as per taste
6. Oil – 1 tbsp.
7. Finely Chopped Onions.
2. After Soaking wash 3 to 4 times and DRAIN out all the Water.
3.Grind rice and Dal with Green Chillies, Little Salt and Very little Water.
Grind Coarsely into thick Paste . You can grind in 2 Batches or in One batch.
Add 2 tbsp. Water for each batch. The BATTER must be nice and thick Consistency.
4.Add Finely Chopped Onions, Cumin seeds for 4 to 5 tbsp. Batter. 4 to 5 Tbsp Batter makes One Medium Thick Roti.
5.Heat 1/2 tbsp. Oil in a Small Pan and add 4 to 5 Tbsp of Batter mixed with Onions and Spread with Wet Fingers or with Steel Spoon.
Cook on a Medium High Heat . Cover with Lid and Cook Until bottom is Golden Brown.
6. Once the bottom is Brown Flip it Carefully and Cook the Other side Until Golden Brown . Do not Cover with lid after you Flip.
Serve with Raw Cucumber Tomato Chutney.
RECIPE FOR RAW CUCUMBER TOMATO CHUTNEY:
1. Yellow Cucumber – 1 ( Peel the Skin , Remove the seeds and Cut into Small Pieces)
2.Tomato – 2 ( Chopped)
3. Green Chillies -2
4. Dry Roast and Grind: Dry Roast Handful Channa Dal, Urad Dal , 1 tbsp. Cumin seeds .
Cool them and Grind with Tamarind ( Marble Size ) and 2 Cloves of Garlic.
5. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and Cook Tomato’s and Green Chillies . Cool them and Grind with Spice Powder.
6. Transfer to a Bowl .
7. Grind Yellow Cucumber Coarsely . ( One Pulse) and Mix with Tomato Chutney.
8. Add Seasoning with Mustard seeds, Urad dal, Cumin seeds , Broken Red chillies and Curry leaves.
Check for Salt and add finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.
Enjoy this Chutney with Crispy URAD DAL ROTI.