Poha Kheer without reducing Milk and Spicy Poha or Rice Flakes with Groundnuts.
Recipe for 5 to 6 People.
Preparation and Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
1. Milk – 3 1/2 Cups
2. Red rice Poha – 1/4 th Cup or Handful
3. Roasted Wheat Vermicelli – 1/4 th Cup or Handful
4. Jaggery – 3 Blocks or according to your Sweetness.
5. Nuts Powder – 1/2 Cup
6.Cashews – Handful for garnishing
7. Raisins – Handful
8.Cardamom – 4
9. Ghee – 1 tbsp
10 . Dry Coconut – few Pieces ( Optional)
1. Wash Poha 2 to 3 times. Don’t soak in Water.
2.Powder Nuts in the Blender and powder Jaggery in a Ziplock Bag.
3. Roast Vermicelli in little Ghee and transfer to a Bowl.
4. Roast Cashews and transfer to a Bowl.
5. Pour Milk into a pan . Add Washed Poha , Vermicelli, Powdered Nuts , Raisins, Jaggery Powder, Cardamom .
Mix well and bring to a boil. Cook on Medium Flame . Stir in between to avoid Burning.
Once it comes to Boil . Switch off the Stove and Check for Sweetness and add accordingly.
Garnish with Cashews , Raisins, Coconut Pieces and 1/2 tbsp Ghee.