The mild taste of yogurt pairs well with Vegetables and other Spices and help you create a tasty Lunch/ Dinner. You can eat just like that without Grains or Serve with 2 Phulka or Half cup Steamed Rice . It is filling and Satisfying with less Grains. It looks rich but need a tbsp Oil for Seasoning. Try this recipe if your Kids doesn’t like Yogurt( Curd) and Vegetables.
Yogurt is much lower in Saturated fat and has more Calcium and Protein. It can help you loose Weight . An eight ounce serving contain 14 micrograms of Vitamins about 60 percent of what adult women need daily. Plain yogurt is a not only nutritious source of Calcium , Protein as well as probiotics for digestion Health beneficial bacteria that live in your digestive tract and help crowd out harmful microorganisms that can cause intestinal infections. People who eat 2 or more serving daily were 50 percent likely to develop High Blood Pressure than who ate the least. Pair up Yogurt with Vegetables which are naturally low in fat and Calories . Fiber in vegetables help provide a feeling of fullness with few Calories.
Today’s recipe is Yogurt Curry with Vegetables is a light recipe for Lunch/ Dinner. I used less Chickpea flour so you can taste the Yogurt and Vegetables. Adding Chickpea flour and rice flour to Yogurt helps in not Curdling. Add Broken Red chillies to seasoning adds nice aroma and taste to the Curry. When you add Red chillies to hot Oil it releases the flavor. Red chillies enhances the flow of fresh blood to the site of infection . This fresh blood fight against the infection . The vegetables I used in the recipe are Squash, Carrots , tomatoes and Potatoes . Potatoes are an incredibly healthy food that offer us an abundance of benefits for Healing. If you want an interesting taste and aroma in the Curry do not forget to add Coconut mixture after switching off the stove. Source : HM
Recipe for 3 People
Preparation: 15 Minutes and Cooking Time : 15 Minutes
COOKING TIPS :
1.Cook the Vegetables in Pressure cooker for 2 Whistles . Cool them and add to Curd chickpea flour mixture and refrigerate . Grind Coconut and green Chillies with little Salt . Refrigerate . Cook before you Serve for LUNCH/DINNER . It takes 10 minutes to Cook .
2. IF you want to SERVE immediately , no need to Pressure cook . Cook Vegetables directly on STOVE TOP. Then add Yogurt Mixture .
1. Squash – 1/2 ( Peel the Skin and Cut into small Pieces)
2. Baby Carrots – 10 to 15 ( Chopped)
3.Potato’s – 2 ( Chopped)
4. Tomatoes – 2 ( Chopped)
5. Curd – 1 Cup ( Measuring Cup)
6. Dry Coconut – 1/4 th Cup or Handful
7. Green Chillies – 2
9. Chickpea flour and Rice flour – 1 tbsp. each for thickening
10.Curry leaves and Coriander Leaves
11. Seasoning ; Urad dal – 1 tbsp. , Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp. , Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp. and Broken red chillies -4
12 . Water – 1 and 1/2 glass Water ( 12 Ounces)
13. Curry Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp Curry Powder ( Blend of Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic and fresh Coriander)
1. Pressure Cook Squash, Potato and Carrots with half glass Water and little Salt. 2 Whistles .
2.Grind Coconut , Green chillies and Little Salt.
3.Mix Chickpea flour, Rice flour to the Curd Mixture. Cool the Cooked Vegetables and add to the Curd Mixture along with chopped tomato if you want to refrigerate . Or directly add the Cooked Vegetables to the Seasoning instead of mixing with Curd because Warm Vegetables will Curdle the Yogurt sometimes.
4. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and Splutter Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Urad dal, Broken Red chillies and Curry Leaves. Add the Curd Mixture along with Cooked Vegetables and tomato to the tadka and Cook for 5 minutes . Check for Consistency and add Water accordingly. I added 1 and 1/2 Glass Water. Half Glass water from Cooked Vegetables.Stir in between to avoid burning.
1. Recipe needs 1 tbsp. Oil and adding 1 tbsp. GHEE is Optional.
2.Add BROKEN RED CHILLIES to Seasoning . It gives nice Flavor to the WHOLE DISH.
3.I added Rice Flour to the Recipe so it won’t taste too CHICKPEA Flour.
4. USE the Vegetables cooked Water while Preparing the Curry . Do not Discard the Water.
5.Do not refrigerate and reheat it . Won’t taste good. Serve when it is Warm.