Recipe for 3 to 4 People
Preparation and Cooking time: 30 Minutes
1.Baby Carrots – 25 to 30
2. Onion – 1 medium
3. Potatoes – 3
4. Dry Coconut – 1/4 th cup
5.Green Chillies -2 to 3
6.Salt as per taste
7. Garlic cloves – 4 grated , Grated ginger – 1 tbsp.
8. Oil – 3 tbsp.
9.Curry Leaves and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
10. Juice of Lime – Half
11. Curry Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp. ( Blend of Red chilli Powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder and Garlic cloves)
12 . Dried Green Peas – 1/2 Cup
13. Seasoning – Urad dal – 1 tbsp. , Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp. , Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp., Red chillies – 4 Broken
1. Soak dried Green Peas Overnight and Pressure Cook in the Morning with Little Salt and Little Water and Potato’s.
2. Grate the Carrots or Pulse in the Blender.
3. Chop Onions.
4. Grind Dry Coconut , Green Chillies and Salt.
5. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and Splutter Mustard seeds , Cumin seeds , Urad dal , Red chillies, Curry Leaves. Add Onions , Season with Salt and Turmeric and Saute till Golden brown. Once Onions are brown add Grated Ginger and Grated Garlic and fry until raw smell goes.
6. Now add Grated Carrot . Mix well and Cook for 7 to 10 Minutes with Lid Closed on Medium High Flame.Stir in between to avoid burning.
7.. After 10 Minutes add COOKED DRIED GREEN PEAS, Boiled and Crumbled Potato , Curry Powder, COCONUT MIXTURE and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves. Mix gently and Switch off the Stove.
Squeeze Juice of Lime and Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly.
ENJOY with PHULKA or PLAIN PARATHA or STEAMED RICE.
Highlight of the Recipe is Dried Green Peas, Coconut Mixture, Boiled Potato , Curry Powder and Lime Juice.