Tindora with Mint Masala Powder is a Simple recipe you can prepare in no time . Cut Tindora length wise into four. No need to add water while cooking Tindora.Just season with little Salt . Once Tindora is soft say after 5 minutes keep lid half open and add 1 more tbsp Oil and Pan fry till Brown .If you want to Cook for Lunch/ Dinner do preparation ahead of time like cutting Tindora and Grinding Masala Powder. Refrigerate. Don’t use not more than 5 Mint Leaves it will over power the curry . Don’t forget to add Peanuts for Crunchiness and Juice of Lime for extra taste . You can even add 2 more Green chillies while grinding Masala Powder for extra taste. Do try you are going to like the New taste of Tindora.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People.
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes
1.Tindora – 30
2.Masala Powder – Dry Coconut – 1/4 th Cup , Garlic Cloves – 3 , Corainder and Cumin seeds – 1tbsp each, Red Chillies – 2, Fenu greek seeds and Mustard seeds – 1/4 th tbsp., Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp
3.Red Chilli Flakes – 1tbsp
4. Juice of Lime – Half
5. Roasted Peanuts – 2 Handfuls
6. Salt as per taste
7. Mint Leaves – 6
8. Curry Leaves and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
9.Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp.
10 . Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
2. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and Cook Tindora. Season with little Salt and Turmeric. Close Lid and Cook on Medium High Flame . Stir in between to avoid burning. Once Tindora is soft add 2 more tbsp. Oil , Keep lid Half Open and fry until Brown Color. Add Curry leaves too. Don’t add any Water .
5 .Garnish with finely Chopped Coriander Leaves and Sprinkle Red chilli Flakes.
1. Highlight for the Curry is the Mint Masala Powder. Don’t add More than 5 to 6 Mint Leaves. Flavor will be too Strong.
2. Once Tindora is soft , Keep lid Half Open to Brown.
3. Do not forget to add Lime Juice and Peanuts.