Tangy Mixed Dal Fritters.
Recipe for 30 Medium Fritters.
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes
1. Dosa Batter – 1 Cup ( Soak 1 Cup Urad dal , 1/4 th cup Channa Dal, Yellow Moong Dal , Green Moong dal and 1 Cup Long Grain Rice or 1 cup Brown Rice)
2.All Purpose Flour – 1/2 Cup
3. Curd – 1/4 th Cup
4. Soaked Channa Dal – 1/2 Cup
5. Onion – Medium ( Finely chopped)
6. Green Chillies – 4 ( Chopped)
7. Ginger – Small Piece ( Chopped)
8. Salt as per taste .
9 . Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
10 . Oil for frying
1. Soak Dals Overnight and grind with 6 tbsp. Water in 2 Batches. Batter must be thick Consistency. Take Half of the Batter and add All Purpose Flour , Curd , Finely chopped Onions , Finely Chopped Green Chillies, Ginger, Salt , Soaked Channa Dal and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.
Mix well with a Spoon and check for Salt and add accordingly . The Batter must be thick.
2. Heat Oil for frying . Little Medium High. Take a Ice cream Scoop equivalent to 3 tbsp. Batter and drop slowly in the Oil . Alternatively you can do with your Hand by taking Small Portion of the Batter and Shape it little round and Drop in the Oil.
3. Cook few at a time so the temperature of the Oil doesn’t drop . Toss them around with Steel Spoon and Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
4. Place a Paper towel on the Plate to drain out all the excess Oil from Fritters.
5. Sprinkle some Chaat Masala .