Tangy Mixed Dal Fritters is a very tasty snack recipe you can prepare in less time and serve as an appetizer for get -togethers. They taste good warm or at room temperature. Soak the dals , grind and ferment batter overnight. I added curd for more tanginess and APF flour for smooth texture. Add Ginger and Green chilli Paste for little spicy bite. Here is the simple recipe with everyday Ingredients from your pantry.
Recipe for 30 Medium Fritters.
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes
1. Dosa Batter – 1 Cup ( Soak 1 /2Cup Urad dal , 1/4 th cup Channa Dal, 1/4 th cup Yellow Moong Dal , 1/4 th cup Green Moong dal and 1 Cup Brown Basmati Rice)
2.All Purpose Flour – 1/2 Cup
3. Curd – 1/4 th Cup
4. Soaked Channa Dal – 1/2 Cup
5. Onion – Big ( Finely chopped)
6. Green Chillies – 4 ( Chopped) or Green chilli paste
7. Ginger – Small Piece ( Chopped) or Ginger paste.
8. Salt as per taste .
9 . Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
10 . Oil for shallow frying – 2 Measuring cups
1. Soak Dals Overnight and grind with 6 tbsp. Water in 2 Batches. Batter must be thick Consistency. Take Half of the Batter and add All Purpose Flour , Curd , Finely chopped Onions , Finely Chopped Green Chillies or Green chilli paste , Ginger paste , Salt , Soaked Channa Dal and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves. Mix well with a Spoon and check for Salt and add accordingly . The Batter must be thick.
2. Heat Oil for frying . Little Medium High. Take a Ice cream Scoop equivalent to 3 tbsp. Batter and drop slowly in the Oil . Alternatively you can do with your Hand by taking Small Portion of the Batter and Shape it little round and Drop in the Oil.
3. Cook few at a time so the temperature of the Oil doesn’t drop . Toss them around with Steel Spoon and Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
4. Place a Paper towel on the Plate to drain out all the excess Oil from Fritters.
5. Sprinkle some Chaat Masala .