Tangy Okra with Home made Spice Powder in 3 easy steps.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People.
Preparation and Cooking time: 30 Minutes.
Okra ( Bhindi) is a Versatile vegetable and can be cooked in number of Ways . This exotic vegetable has number of Health Benefits and antioxidants in Okra can trigger a process in Cancer cells which reduce their size and activity limiting their spread in the body. It is a Super food for people with or at risk for Diabetes. Eugenol a type of fiber found in Okra helps stabilize Blood sugar by curbing the rate at which Sugar is absorbed from the intestinal tract . Okra is low in Calories . It ‘s abundant nutrients not only nourishes you but the fiber helps in keeeping you full for longer. MASALA POWDER is Highlight for the Recipe .Okra has a texture problem and will get slimy when cooking. Follow the recipe for Crispy Okra. . Tamarind adds tanginess for the Curry and Grind Onions Coarsely which enhances the flavor. If you don’t like tamarind ,you can Substitute with Lime or Dry Mango Powder. Serve with Phulka /Plain Paratha / Steamed rice. Here is the recipe :
1.Okra – 5 to 6 Handfuls
2. Onion – 1 Big ( Grind Coarsely , Compulsorily)
3.Salt as per Taste
4. Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp.
5. Oil – 4 to 6 tbsp.
6. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
7. Garlic cloves – 4 ( Crushed)
8.Spice Powder – Dry roast 3 tbsp. Sesame seeds,1 tbsp. Cumin seeds , 1 tbsp. Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp., 1/2 tbsp. Fenugreek seeds, 1/2 tbsp. Mustard seeds . Cool the SPICES and grind with Marble Size Tamarind or Mango Powder and 1/4 th Cup Dry Coconut.
9. Tamarind or Juice of Lime or Dry Mango Powder
10 . Finely Chopped Mint leaves
1. Wash and Cut Okra into 4.
2. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil in a Non stick Pan and Cook Bhindi with Lid closed for 5 minutes. Once Okra is soft Open the lid and add 2 more tbsp. Oil and fry till Brown . Stir in between gently . Don’t add Salt. Once the Bhindi is Brown switch off the stove and Sprinkle some Salt . Transfer to a Bowl.
3. Cut Onions into big pieces and grind Coarsely . Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and fry Onions with Crushed Garlic ,little Salt , turmeric and Cumin seeds.
4. Once Onions are brown add Fried Okra and Spice Powder. Mix gently and check for Salt and add accordingly.
5. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.