Channa Dal Kheer with Milk ,Jaggery , Nuts Powder and Dry Coconut.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People.
Preparation and Cooking Time : Less than 30 Minutes
1.Cooked Channa Dal – 1/2 Cup and Roasted whole wheat vermicelli
2. Milk – 3 Cups ( 2 Percent Milk)
3. Jaggery – 2 Blocks or according to your sweetness
4. Nuts – Half Cup ( Cashews, Almonds and Pistachios )
5. Raisins – 1/4 th Cup
6.Dry coconut Pieces ( to Garnish at the end)
7. Cardamom – 2 to 3
8.Ghee – 1/2 tbsp
1. Soak Channa Dal and Cook in the Microwave until Soft or in the Pressure Cooker with Little Water.
Heat ghee , roast vermicelli and Nuts .Transfer to a boil.
2 Grind Half of the Nuts into fine Powder and Half for Garnishing.
3. Powder the Jaggery .
4. Bring Milk to Boil and add Cooked Channa Dal , Roasted vermicelli Powdered Nuts. Stir . Then add the remaining Nuts , Raisins, Cardamom. Switch Off the stove and add Powdered Jaggery . Check for the Sweetness and add accordingly.
5. Garnish with Dry Coconut Pieces and little Ghee .
People all around the world include Milk as a part of their diet because of its Nutritional value. Milk is essential for the Human Body and help prevent a number of Chronic alinments. Most of the Calorie Content in Milk comes from the natural Sugars found in it which are essential for the Overall functioning and Health of the body. The Health Benefits of Milk include increased Bone strength , Smooth Skin , Stronger Immune System, Prevention of illness such Dental Decay, Obesity, respiratory problems, Hypertension and Osteoporosis.
Milk contains a Good quantity of Water Molecules and is considered the best Fluid for rehydration outside of drinking actual water. Dehydration is a major and dangerous problem and threatens all our metabolic functions . So if you can’t find any water , grab a glass of Milk.
Channa Dal is low in Hypoglycemic Index which is important for those with Diabetes. It is full of nutrition , delicious and can be digested easily.
In India people will eat a few grams of Jaggery after a Heavy Meal or after eating meat because it facilitates digestion. It is more Complex form of Carbohydrates than Plain Sugar . When you eat Jaggery it is digested and releases energy over an extended period of time and absorbed gradually .Jaggery is Unrefined sugar prepared from Sugarcane . The juice is concentrated by heating and Molasses is not removed while concentrating it . The end product is Browish yellowish colored solid Jaggery Blocks. It has a bunch of its Own Unique benefits and is extremely used in many Indian Ayurvedic medicines.