Surprise your Kids with these Crispy Potato Dal Vada with Garlic Chutney Powder . If you don’t have Garlic chutney powder you can skip . Just grind the batter with Ginger, green chillies and Onion. You can grind the batter and refrigerate. Cook the potato and refrigerate. It will take less time to Prepare Breakfast or Lunch Box . Don’t add water while grinding. So the batter will stick to Cooked Potato . Here is the simple recipe.
Recipe for 30 Potato Vada’s . Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes
Recipe for GARLIC CHUTNEY POWDER :
- Roast 1/4 th Cup Peanuts . Once Peanuts are roasted switch off the stove and add 1/4 th Cup Sesame seeds to roasted Peanuts . Cool them before grinding.
- Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and fry Chopped Garlic ( 15) . Switch off the stove and add 1/4 th Cup Dry coconut . Mix well and Cool them before grinding.
- Grind PEANUTS , Sesame seeds, Garlic and coconut Mixture , Salt , Red chilli Powder ( 2 tbsp.) , Coriander and Cumin Powder , Tamarind ( Marble Size ) and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves .
- STORE in a air tight container or Glass Jar.
1.Urad Dal – 1 Cup
2. Channa Dal – 1/2 Cup
3. split Green Moong Dal – 1/2 Cup
4. Potato’s – 3 ( Cooked and sliced)
5. Onion – ( Finely Chopped)
6. Green Chillies – 2 to 3
7. Ginger – Small Piece
8. Salt as per taste .
9. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
10.Oil for Shallow Firing
11. Garlic Chutney Powder – 1 tbsp.( Mild Spicy)
1. Soak Dals Overnight or for an hour . Wash before and after Soaking.
2. Grind Dals with Green Chillies , Ginger , onion and Little Salt .Do not add Water while Grinding as Dals have already soaked Water .
3. Add finely Coriander Leaves and Garlic Chutney Powder to Batter . Mix well . Check for Salt ,spices and add accordingly.
4. Slice the cooked Potato . Apply the Dal Batter on One side of the Potato and pan fry them . Cook on Medium or Medium High Flame till Golden Brown. .
5. Once the Potato Vada’s are Brown transfer to a Plate . Sprinkle with some Garlic Chutney Powder.