Potato Dal Vada with Garlic Chutney Powder for Kids Lunch Box . PAN FRY or SHALLOW FRY with MINIMUM OIL . Note : If you don’t want to shallow fry . Cook Potato and Cut into thin Slices and apply Vada Batter on one side of the Potato and PAN FRY .
Recipe for 30 Potato Vada’s . Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes
Recipe for GARLIC CHUTNEY POWDER :
- Roast 1/4 th Cup Peanuts . Once Peanuts are roasted switch off the stove and add 1/4 th Cup Sesame seeds to roasted Peanuts . Cool them before grinding.
- Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and fry Chopped Garlic ( 15) . Switch off the stove and add 1/4 th Cup Dry coconut . Mix well and Cool them before grinding.
- Grind PEANUTS , Sesame seeds, Garlic and coconut Mixture , Salt , Red chilli Powder ( 2 tbsp.) , Coriander and Cumin Powder , Tamarind ( Marble Size ) and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves .
- STORE in a air tight container or Glass Jar.
1.Urad Dal – 1 Cup
2. Channa Dal – 1/2 Cup
3. Green Moong Dal – 1/2 Cup
4. Potato’s – 3
5. Onion – 1 ( Finely Chopped)
6. Green Chillies – 2 to 3
7. Ginger – Small Piece
8. Salt as per taste .
9. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
10.Oil for Shallow Firing
11. Garlic Chutney Powder – 1 tbsp.( Mild Spicy)
1. Soak Dals Overnight . Wash before and after Soaking.
2. Grind Dals with Green Chillies , Ginger and Little Salt .Do not add Water while Grinding as Dals have already Soaked Water .
3. Add Finely Chopped Onions, Coriander Leaves and Garlic Chutney Powder to Batter . Mix well . Check for Salt and add accordingly.
4. Slice the Potato very thin . Heat Oil for Shallow frying. Apply the Dal Batter on One side of the Potato and Slide down into OIL . Cook on Medium or Medium High Flame till Golden Brown. or if you don’t want to shallow fry , PAN FRY them . Slice Cooked Potato and apply batter on one side and Pan fry them.
5. Once the Potato Vad’s are Brown transfer to a Plate Lined with Paper towel . Paper Towel will absorb excess Oil . Sprinkle with some Garlic Chutney Powder.
1. Grind Dal’s without Water . Will Absorb less Oil. Grind with Green Chillies and Ginger.
2. Don’t Over crowd While Frying. So they will COOK evenly .
3. Apply Dal Batter on One side of the Potato.
4. While Frying , Fry on Potato Side Down.
5. Add Garlic Chutney Powder in the Batter .Gives Nice Flavor . Sprinkling Garlic Chutney Powder on Vada’s is Optional .