Try this Tangy and Nutty Cabbage Dip which you can prepare in less than 30 Minutes. Enjoy it with your favorite Snack or Pack for Your Kids Lunch Box with some CRACKERS or PITA CHIPS as it doesn’t have any strong flavors.
1.Cabbage – 1/2( Finely Chopped )
2. Semi riped Tomato’s – 2( Chopped)
3. Green Chillies -2 Small or 1 Big( Mild Spicy).
4. Oil – 3 tbsp.
5. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp. for seasoning
6. Salt as per taste
7. Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp.
8. Juice of Lime – Half
9.Red Pepper Flakes – 1 tbsp.( Optional)
10 . Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves .
11.SPICE POWDER :
Dry roast 2 Handfuls or 1/4 th Cup Peanuts .
When Peanuts are Half done add
2 tbsp. SESAME SEEDS , 1 tbsp. Cumin Seeds , 1 tbsp. Coriander seeds and 2 Red Chillies .
Cool them and Grind Coarsely.
1. Cook Cabbage , Tomato and Green Chillies with 1 tbsp. Oil , Little Salt and Turmeric .Stir in Between .
Once the Cabbage is Soft switch off the flame and Cool it before grinding.
2. Grind the Spices Coarsely and transfer to a bowl .
3. Now grind Cabbage with tomato and Green Chillies. Transfer to the Spice Powder and Mix well .
4. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and add Cumin seeds , Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.
Add this Cumin seed Oil to the Cabbage Dip .
5. Squeeze Juice of Half Lime . Check for Salt and add accordingly .
Garnish with Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves and Red Pepper Flakes.
1. Do not add Water while Cooking Cabbage.
2. Do not Skip any Spices . Add Nice flavor to the Dip .
3. Lime Juice for Tanginess .
4. Cook on Medium and Medium High Flame . Stir in between to avoid burning.
5. Grind the Spice Powder and Cabbage Separately and Mix .