Cracked Wheat and Whole Wheat Vermicelli Biryani with Moong Dal and Vegetables. Serve with Carrot raita.
Sometimes I like to Substitute Rice with Daliya (Cracked Wheat)believing Wheat is Healthier than rice and it not only tastes good but it is Comforting and Satisfying. Biryani always impresses everyone and it is My favorite One Pot Meal to fix Lunch Box / Dinner / Weekend Lunch with less Pots and Pans. This recipe is loaded with Vegetables , Whole Moong Dal ( Protein ) and Spices . I can say this is the best Biryani which can be done quickly in rice Cooker and I cook this at least Once a week as it is easy , quick and delicious One Pot Meal. Daliya is good alternative for Rice and great source of energy and has Low GI . Low in Calories and can complete your daily Fiber requirement. Rich source of Vitamin B1 and B2 . It stabilizes glucose as it releases glucose slowly into blood stream.
Recipe for 2 to 3 People.
Preparation and Cooking Time : 30 Minutes.
You can even pack for KIDS LUNCH BOX . TASTES good even at ROOM TEMPERATURE.
READ IMPORTANT NOTES at the end of the recipe.
1.Cracked Wheat – 1/2 Cup
2. Whole Wheat Vermicelli – 1/2 Cup
3. Yellow Moong dal – 1/2 cup or Split green moong dal – 1/2 cup or Whole Green Moong Dal – 1/2 Cup
4. Potato’s – 2 ( Peeled and Cubed)
5. Garlic – 3 Cloves ( Crushed)
6. Ginger Paste – 1/2 tbsp. ( Grated)
7. Onion – 1/2 cup ( Chopped)
8. Finely Chopped Vegetables – 1 Cup ( Green Beans, Corn ,Peas and Carrots)
9. Water – 2 1/2 Cups
10. Oil – 4 tbsp. and Ghee – 1 tbsp
10. Whole Garam Masala – Bay leaves -3 , Cinnamon stick – 2 Small , Cloves – 5 , Cardamom – 2 , Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp.
11. Red pepper flakes – 1 tbsp.
12. Green Chillies – 2 ( Optional)
13. Salt as Per taste
14. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
15. Pav Bhaji masala powder – 1/2 tbsp
1. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and roast Cracked Wheat and Whole Wheat Vermicelli. Transfer to the Rice Cooker.
2. Heat 3 tbsp. Oil and 1 tbsp. Ghee and fry Onions with little Salt, WHOLE GARAM MASALA and Cumin Seeds . Once Onions are Brown add Crushed Garlic and Grated Ginger. Fry for Couple Minutes. Switch off the stove.
3. Add this to the Vermicelli and Cracked Wheat . Add Cubed Potato’s , Vegetables, Soaked Moong Dal , Red pepper Flakes , Salt , Water ,Green Chillies , Pav Bhaji Masala , Finely Chopped Coriander leaves and Mint Leaves.
4. Check for Salt and add accordingly . Cook in the Rice Cooker.
You can even Pack for KIDS LUNCH BOX .
5. Serve with Onion and Tomato Raita seasoned with Cumin seeds.
Recipe for Onion Tomato Raita :
To 2 Cups Yogurt add Chopped Onions and one Chopped tomato , Salt and Finely Chopped Coriander leaves . Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add Cumin seeds . Cool and add to the Yogurt. Add grated carrot too.
Note : You can add Green Chilli paste and Ginger ( Chopped or Crushed) and Finely chopped Coriander leaves.
1. ROAST Cracked Wheat and Vermicelli for Perfect Biryani.
2. Two and HALF Cups water is sufficient for nice and Pluffy Biryani.
3. Cook in the Rice Cooker . No need to Check in between.
4.Adding Green Chillies is Optional as we are adding Red Pepper Flakes.
5. Do not Skip Whole Garam Masala and Ghee .