What I like about this soup is we can Cook everything in One Pot. Easy and Simple recipe that you can prepare ahead of time and refrigerate and bring to Boil before you serve for Lunch / Dinner in 10 Minutes. It ‘s best Soup to try when the temperatures are dropping . It not only keeps you warm , but fills you up. Easy way to feed Vegetables and Beans for Kids. Read about the Health Benefits of Ingredients I used at the end of the recipe . I added a Special ingredient which enhances the taste of the soup. One pot meal for Lunch/dinner . Everyone in your family will enjoy it ( including picky eaters) without complaining about the ingredients.
Transfer all the Ingredients to Instant pot. Close the lid . Manual( Pressure cook – 15 minutes ) . NPR ( 5 minutes) .
NOTE : BEANS and BARLEY are soaked overnight .
PRESSURE COOKER METHOD : Transfer everything to Pressure cooker and cook on Medium High flame for 3 whistles.
Recipe for 3 People.
Preparation Time : 15 Minutes
Cooking Time : 7 to 10 Minutes
STOVE TOP VERSION .
1.Whole Grain Penne Pasta – 1/2 Cup
2. 16 Beans -One Cup Cooked and Barley – 1/2 cup cooked
3. Potato Paste – 1 Medium
4. Onions – 1/2 Cup( Chopped) and Garlic Cloves (4 to 6 ) – Crushed
5. Tomatoes – 2 ( Finely Chopped)
6.Bell Pepper – Medium ( Finely Chopped) and Vegetables of your choice .
7. Water – 3 Glasses ( 24 Ounces)
8.Pizza Sauce – 1/4 th cup ( Special Ingredient)
9. Red Pepper Flakes – 1 tbsp. ( Mild Spicy)
10 . Coriander and Cumin Powder – 1/2 tbsp. each
11. Cinnamon Stick – Small
12 .Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
13. Salt as per taste
14. FRESHLY ground Black Pepper – 1/2 to 1 tbsp and Mixed Herbs – 1/2 to 1 tbsp
1. Soak Beans and Barley Overnight and Pressure Cook with Potato , Little Salt and One glass Water. Once the Pressure Comes down transfer Beans and Barley along with Water into Sauce Pan . Mash the Potato into Paste. Add 2 more glasses Water .
2. To this add finely Chopped Onions , Crushed Garlic , Tomatoes , Bell Pepper , Chopped vegetables . Whole Grain Pasta, and Pizza Sauce .
3. Season it with Salt , Red Pepper Flakes , Coriander and Cumin Powder, Cinnamon Stick.
4. Bring to boil . It takes about 7 to 10 minutes if you Cook on Medium High Flame . Check for Pasta and Switch off the Stove.
5. Check for Salt and add accordingly. Garnish with Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves Add Mixed herbs and freshly ground Black Pepper.
1. Whole Grain or Whole Wheat : If you select 100 Percent Whole Grain or Whole Wheat Products , the Bran and Germ of the Wheat will remain in your Meal and the Health Benefits will be Impressive.
2.Boiled Potato: One Cup of Boiled Potato provides 293 micrograms of Copper and 69 milligrams of Phosphorous the two essential minerals . Need of Phosphorous helps to make several important Biological compounds including the lipids in your Cell membranes , Hemoglobin and DNA .It also contributes to Bone tissue . Copper supports several aspects of Brain function.
Adding Boiled Potato’s to your diet boosts your Vitamins and Minerals intake which contributes to your overall Health.
3. Cinnamon Stick : Cinnamon helps people with Type 2 Diabetes . Improve their ability to respond to Insulin . Thus normalizing their Blood Sugar Levels.
4.Beans : Scientists recommend that adults Consume 3 Cups of Beans per week to Promote Health and reduce the risk of Chronic Diseases.
5. Garlic : Garlic is a natural antibiotic herb . It is effective not only against Bacterial Infections but against Fungal and Viral Infections.