Stays Good in the Refrigerator for 3 to 4 Days. Try with HALF of the MEASUREMENTS.
Soak, Grind and Prepare Dosa right away. You Can prepare Vegetable Dosa or Masala Dosa , Plain Dosa or Uttapham with the Same Batter.
1. Urad Dal – 1 Cup
2. Channa Dal – 1/2 Cup
3. Toor Dal – 1/4 th Cup
4. Yellow Moong Dal – 1/4 th Cup
5. Green Moong Dal – 1/4 th Cup
5. Brown Basmati Rice or Long Grain White Rice or Quinoa or Cracked Wheat Or Combination of Long Grain White Rice and Brown Basmati Rice – 2 Cups
Note : Quinoa only 1 Cup .
6. Poha – 1/2 Cup(Optional)
7. Onions – 1/2 Cup chopped
8. Green Chillies – 2 to 4 accordingly
9. Coriander leaves with Stems – 1/2 Cup Chopped
10 . Salt as per taste
11. Oil – For Frying
12. Water for Grinding .
1. Soak the Dals Overnight . Wash before and after Soaking .
Don’t get rid of the Skin of Green Moong Dal if you are Using Split Green Moong Dal . Gives nice taste for the Dosa.
2. Grind the Dal’s with Green Chillies , Onions, Coriander leaves , Salt and enough Water.Grind the Dal’s into a Paste by adding little water so the Dal’s grind evenly.
3. Transfer the batter to a Bowl . Mix the batter and if needed add Water and it should be of Spreading Consistency.
4.When the Batter is ready Heat a Non stick Pan and grease with little Oil and try out small Dosa. For Second Dosa Pour 2 laddle full of Batter on to the Pan and Spread it in a Circular Motion.
5. Cook on a Medium or Medium High Flame. Drizzle Oil over the edges of the Dosa and in the Middle . After it Cooked little Spread the excess Batter evenly with Spatula so it doesn’t taste raw .
6. For next Dosa Sprinkle some Water and wipe with a Paper Towel to bring down the temperature. Repeat the same process for remaining Dosa’s .
Once the Dosa is little brown Sprinkle some finely Chopped Onions , Bell Pepper, Grates Carrot and Curry Leaf Powder. If you want you can Brown Lightly on the Other side and then Sprinkle the Veggies.
Brown both sides of the Dosa lightly . Sprinkle some Curry Leaf Powder and Spread the Potato Curry on Half of the Dosa and fold it . Serve with finely Chopped Shallots. Doesn’t need any Chutney .
Pour 5 Spoonfuls of Dosa Batter and top it with finely chopped Onions, Capsicum , Deseeded Tomato , Finely Chopped Bell Pepper , Coriander Leaves and Grated Carrot.
Drizzle Oil Over the edges and Cover with Lid and Cook on MEDIUM flame . Check in between.
Once it is Brown lightly under take off the lid , flip the uttapham and fry on the other side . Drizzle some Oil on Top . Cook Until it is Brown on both sides.
Zinc is an essential Mineral for all forms of Life and Growth .Zinc has anti Oxidants Properties aids in Blood Clotting , Thyroid Function and may reduce suffering from Symptoms of common Cold . Fruits and Vegetables are generally low in Zinc and the Zinc in the Grains is often Poorly absorbed due to Phytates that bind zinc away from the digestive processes . Zinc intake will improve if you add legumes , Nuts and seeds in your Diet. Vegetarians are prone to dietary deficiencies of Zinc. Deficiency may lead to Hair Loss , Skin and Vision Problems and Depression.