Beans Soup with Vegetables and Spices.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People.
Preparation and Cooking Time : Less than 30 Minutes if you have Cooked Beans in Hand.
Note : Highlight of the recipe is Coriander Spice Powder( Homemade Spice Powder) , Beans , Boiled Tomato’s and Vegetables.
YOU WILL BE SURPRISED BY THE TASTE OF THE SOUP.
1.Black eyed Beans – 1/2 Cup cooked
2. Paste of Potato – 1 Medium
3.Tomato’s – 3
4. Onions – 1/2 Cup( Finely Chopped) or 2 Shallots ( Finely chopped)
5. Garlic Cloves – 4 to 6( Cuushed)
6 . Zuchhini – 1 cup( Finely chopped)
7. Coriander Spice Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp. ( Blend of Spices . Grind 1/2 tbsp. Red Chilli Powder with 1/2 Tbsp Coriander and Cumin Powder and 2 Cloves of Garlic, 1/2 tbsp. Cumin seeds and Coriander leaves with stems )
8. Salt as per taste
9. Water – 3 Glasses
10. Finely Chopped coriander Leaves or Cilantro or Parsley
11. Freshly Grounded Black Pepper .
1. Chop the Onions or Shallots , Crush the Garlic and Cut Zucchini into Bite size Pieces.
2. Soak 1/4 th Cup Beans and PRESSURE COOK with little Salt , Medium Potato and Half Glass Water. When Pressure Comes down transfer the Beans along with Water and add Half Glass Water to Cool down . Once the Beans are Cooled Blend it in a Blender and transfer to a Sauce Pan.
3. In Hot Water Place the Tomato’s for a Minute . After One Minute Scoop out the Tomato’s from Hot Water . Peel the Skin and Crush the Tomato’s or Chop into Small Pieces. ( Make Sure Tomato’s are not too Hot when Peeling the Skin) .
Add chopped Tomato’s to the Sauce Pan along with Mashed Potato , Finely Chopped Onions, Zucchini and Crushed Garlic
4. Add 2 More Glasses WATER. Add Water accordingly.
5. Season it with Salt and Coriander Spice Powder .Mix well and bring to Boil . It will take 7 to 10 Minutes. After 10 minutes switch off the Stove and Check for Salt and add accordingly. Garnish with Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves or Cilantro or Parsely and FRESHLY grounded BLACK PEPPER.
Serve this Warm Soup with a Piece of Toast.
1.Blackeyed Beans : are good Source of Protein if you don’t eat Meat. Protein is important because it supports most parts of your body including Muscles , Skin , Hair and Nails.Black eyed Beans are Low in Fat and low Calorie food making them a Healthy addition to a Weight Loss Meal Plan.Half Cup cooked Black Eyed Beans contains 2.2 mg of Iron and getting adequate Iron in your diet prevents Anemia which produces Fatigue and Weakness.Half Cup Cooked Black eyed Beans contains 239 mg of Potassium . Potassium is a Nutrient that helps keep your Blood Pressure levels at Healthy Numbers which lower your risk of Heart Disease . Support the Health of your Muscles and Bones.
2. Onions : Onions contains Calcium that prevents the activities of breaking down Bone tissues and especially beneficial for Women who are at risk for Osteoporosis.
3. Black Pepper :In Ayurvedic medicine Black Pepper is used to improve digestion,stimulate appetite and treat gastrointestinal problems. It is also used to treat Cold, Cough and Sore throats.
4. Tomato’s :Consider adding tomato’s to Low Calorie foods such as Soups, Salads and Grilled Mixed Vegetables . Tomato’s are rich in a Unique antioxidant known as Lycopene. Lycopene prevents the aging of skin and keep it younger looking. Acts as an internal Sunscreen and protects your skin from Sunburn. Helps prevent Diabetes.
5. Zucchini:One Cup of Zucchini has 36 Calories and Good source of Dietary fiber which aids in digestion . Maintains Low Blood Sugar levels and Curbs overeating.