Bread rolls stuffed with Vegetable filling are great as an appetizer or finger food or Breakfast or Kids Lunch Box . These Bread rolls are Quick fix if you have Bread, Dosa Batter or CHICKPEA FLOUR and RICE FLOUR BATTER and vegetable filling. For little Sourness in the filling Squeeze Juice of lime after switching of the stove. Cool the filling and make the rolls so it will be easy to stuff the bread and seal it by wetting your fingers . Toasting Bread is Optional . I used Whole Grain Bread , you can use Bread of your Choice. For Dosa batter follow my recipe for Crispy outer covering . Use a deep Pan for Pan frying on four sides . It won’t take much time to fry . Cook on medium High flame.
I always want to try different and less work recipes for weekend Lunch . As I have Bread , Dosa Batter and some Veggies left in the refrigerator thought I will make Bread rolls . Not new recipe . Dip the Bread rolls in Dosa Batter or CHICKPEA and RICEFLOUR BATTER and Pan fry instead of Deep frying. Yes it worked and a hit recipe with my Kids . Make over for Old recipe . They are Crispy from Outside as my Dosa’s are crispy with my Dosa Batter , so Why not Bread rolls. Yes the Outer covering is Crispy.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so as Lunch for Kids. It is easy to Cook Lunch /Dinner . But what to pack for Kids Lunch Box everyday is really a Puzzle . so here is a Breakfast/ Lunchbox idea BREAD ROLLS . My family enjoyed a lot . Give it a try. Here is the recipe .
Recipe for 4 Bread rolls.
Preparation and Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
1.Whole Wheat Bread or Whole Grain or Bread of your Choice – 4 Slices
2. Lentils Batter( Dosa Batter) – 1 Cup or Chickpea flour and Rice flour Batter mix with Ajwain , Curry Powder – 1/2 tbsp each and Salt – 1 Cup . Mix with sufficient water . The Batter must be thick to Coat the Bread roll.
3. Oil – 3 tbsp.( 1 tbsp. for Filling and 2 tbsp. for Frying the rolls)
1. Heat 1 tbsp. oil and sauté Onions with little Salt and 1/2 tbsp. Cumin Seeds .
2. Once Onions are fried add Half Cup Chopped Green Beans and Cook for few Minutes.
3. Once Green Beans are cooked add Boiled and Crumbled Potato, Green Peas – 1/2 Cup, Grated Carrot -1/4 th cup , Red chilli Powder – 1/2 tbsp. , Coriander and Cumin Powder- 1/2 tbsp. each or Curry Powder , Mango Powder . Mix well and Switch off the Stove. Add finely Chopped Coriander Leaves.
Cool it and Make Rolls .
1. Toast the Bread and Place the Vegetable roll in the middle of the Bread and seal all sides.
2. Dip the Bread rolls in Lentils Batter or Chickpea flour and rice flour batter and PAN FRY them on four sides. ( NOT DEEP FRYING).
SERVE with KETCHUP or Tamarind and Coriander Chutney.
1. Toast the Bread before making the roll. or toasting is optional. Seal all the edges . Cut out the Crust.
2. Use the Lentils Batter for outer Covering.
3. Pan Fry on Four Sides.