Raj Kachori is a CHAAT BOWL which is crispy from Outside and Soft inside with different fillings and flavors . It is one of the favorite and Classic street food Chat which makes your mouth water . Raj means royal and Kachori is a fried Bread filled with different fillings and flavors from sweet to Spicy , Crunchy and Tangy .You can make these Bowls , Chutneys and Fillings ahead of time . It is easy and quick dish to assemble and Serve to your guests or Family members if you prepare things ahead of time.
FOR DOUGH :
1. 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour , 3/4 th Cup Warm Milk , Salt , 1 or 2 tbsp. Oil and Water OR 1 Cup White Flour , 1 Cup Whole wheat flour and 1/4 th Cup Sooji.
2. Pour Flour in a Bowl . Mix with Salt , Oil and add Milk Simultaneously and make a soft dough . Keep aside for 30 Minutes
3. Heat Sufficient Oil for frying Poori”s . After 30 Minutes Knead the dough well and divide into 10 to 12 Balls . Knead the Dough Balls so the Poori’s will Puff Up nicely. Cover the Dough Balls with Kitchen towel or Lid so the dough won’t dry .
4. Take the dough ball and dip in Dry FLOUR . Press with your Hands and roll with rolling Pin. Roll equal from all sides .
5. Check the Oil whether it is heated enough to fry the Poori’s by dropping little dough . The dough should come up so we will know the Oil is heated. We need Proper Heated Oil for frying Poori’s .
6.,Now drop the rolled dough into Oil and press slowly with Saptula so it will become fluffy.
7. When it fries from the bottom , flip it . Fry on both sides till Golden Brown .
8. Once brown remove to a Plate layered with Paper towel , so it will absorb excess Oil.
9. Repeat the Process with remaining Poori’s .
10. Cool the Poori’s before filling with favorite stuff.
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING:
1. Boiled Potato
2. Moong Dal vada
3. Cooked Chickpeas or Sprouts
4. Finely Chopped Onion
5. Finely Chopped Tomato’s
6. Stirred Curd with little Salt and Sugar
7. Coriander Chutney
8. Dates and Tamarind Chutney
10. Pomegranate seeds
12. Black Salt
13. Red chilli Powder
14. Cumin Powder
15. Chaat Masala
1. Break the top of the Kachori for stuffing .
2. Drop some Moong Dal Pakora’s , Cooked Chickpeas , Boiled Potato , 2 tbsp. Chopped Onions , Tomato 2 tbsp. . Top with stirred Curd , Sprinkle Some Black Salt , red chilli Powder, Cumin Powder , Chaat Masala. 2.
Finally finish with Coriander and Mint Chutney , Dates and Tamarind Chutney , Sev and Pomegranate seeds .
3. Again top it off with some stirred Curd , Coriander and Mint Chutney , Chaat Masala ,Dates and Tamarind Chutney , Black Salt , Red chilli Powder and Cumin Powder .
Now your KACHORI’S are ready to Serve.