Morning Breakfast in 10 Minutes. Prepare at night as shown in the Picture and keep it refrigerated.
Pancakes with Red Rice Poha and Lentils are Perfect for Morning Breakfast. These Pancakes fills you for several hours and can help reduce snacking between Meals. You can prepare these Pancakes in less than 10 Minutes if you do the Preparation Night before as shown in the Picture and keep it refrigerated . Don’t mix the Ingredients. It is easy and fast way to fix Breakfast for your Family.
Preparation time : 15 Minutes and Cooking Time : 10 Minutes
Recipe for 20 Medium Pancakes.
1. Channa Dal – 1 Cup
2. Red rice Poha – 1/2 Cup
3. Zucchini -1
4. Onion – 1 Medium
5. Green Chillies -2 (Mild Spicy , Light Green Chillies are less Spicy)
6. Cumin seeds- 1 tbsp.
7. Oil – 2 to 4 tbsp.
8. Salt as per taste
9. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Soak Channa Dal for 2 Hours . Wash before and after Soaking .
2. Wash Red Rice Poha( Flattened Rice) 3 to 4 times . No need to Soak .
3. Chop Zuccchini , Onions and Coriander Leaves .
4. Drain out all Water from Soaked Channa Dal and Grind with 2 Green Chillies , Little salt , Very Little Water and 1 tbsp. Cumin seeds. Don’t add too much Water . The BATTER will be runny .
4. To grind Channa Dal batter add washed Red rice Poha ( Flattened Rice) , Zucchini, Onions , Salt and finely Chopped Coriander Leaves . Mix well and check for Salt and add accordingly .
5. Heat a pan on Medium High Heat , lightly Oil the Pan . Scoop the batter with ice cream Scoop or with your fingers for each Pancake . Press with your fingers for round shape . When the edges are brown flip the Pancakes and brown the other side . Drizzle some Oil over the edges of Pancake .
SERVE them warm.
Poha (Flattened Rice) is a Staple Breakfast in many Indian Households. Red rice Poha( Flattened Rice) is highly Nutritious when we add some Protein and Vegetables to it. High in Fiber making them effective for Weight Management and reduction of Bad Cholestrol .
Red rice is the special variety of rice found mostly in Sothern eastern Coastal regions of South America . High in Fiber because of the Bran and Contains Vitamin B6. One serving of Red rice / Brown Rice can meet 23 percent of Vitamin B6 . This Particular Vitamin is required to help balance the development of Serotonin , red blood cells helping the creation of DNA.
Good Sourc of Iron . 100g of raw red flakes contains 20 mg of Iron. Squeeze juice of Lime on Poha as it helps improve Iron absorption. Red rice or Brown rice Poha is considered to be a great Meal Option for Diabetics as it promotes the Slow release of Sugar into the Blood Stream . It also keep you full for longer time and helps you decrease the desire to eat.
Channa Dal is extremely delicious in taste , full of nutritious and can be digested easily. A dal dish fills you for several hours and can help to reduce Snacking between Meals. It is High in Protein as well as Dietary Fiber that aids digestion and Keeps you full for longer.
Very Low in GI( Glycemic Index) which is important for those with Diabetes. GI , this index measures how much your Blood Sugar increases in 2 or 3 Hours after eating. GI index of Channa Dal is under 10 . The GI index measures how much the Carbohydrates in the food influence your Blood Sugar levels after consumption. The lower the GI , the less the food influences the Blood Sugar level and the fewer Cravings you shall have as a result. The Blood Sugar levels will not fluctuate much after eating this Lentil . You can feel full for longer and also beat the Mood Swings that are often associated with Sugary Foods.