Chickpeas Vegetable Pickle
Enjoy same day . Stays good in the refrigerator for more than a Week .
1.Chickpeas – 1 Cup
2. Cabbage – 1 Cup ( Chopped )
3. Cauliflower florets – 2 Cups
4. Carrots – 1 Cup ( Sliced)
5. Colored Bell Peppers – 1 Cup ( thinly Sliced )
6. Yellow Cucumber or Green Cucumber – 1 ( Chopped)
7. Juice of Lime – 1
8. Curry Powder- ( Red chilli Powder – 2 tbsp. , Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp, Coriander powder.Mustard Powder, Fenugreek Powder – 1/2 tbsp.)
9. Garlic Cloves – 4 to 6 ( Peeled and Crushed)
10 . Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves .
11. Green Chillies – 4
12. Salt as per taste
13. Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
FOR SEASONING : Oil – 2 tbsp. , Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp. , Mustard seeds – 1tbsp , Fenugreek seeds- 1/2 tbsp. , Curry Leaves – 10.
1. Mix Chickpeas , Cauliflower florets, Cabbage , Carrots, Green Chillies , Colored Bell Peppers , Coriander Leaves, Salt , Turmeric Powder, Garlic and Curry Powder .
2. Squeeze Juice of Lime and Mix well .
3. Heat 2 tbsp. and Splutter Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and Fenugreek seeds. Switch off the Stove and add Curry Leaves. Cool the Oil Seasoning and add to the Pickle . Check for the Spices and add accordingly.
Pickles had a very prominent place in every Indian Meal and No Indian Meal is complete without a good touch of Spicy Pickle on the side . Pickling was invented 4000 to 5000 years ago.It is invented to Overcome the problem of excess food that was produced in Winter ( Indian Winter) and lack of refrigeration . Before the invention of Modern refrigeration pickling was the only way to Preserve various foods for future consumption. Generally Pickles are High in Oil , Salt and Spices and it is not a great Idea to include in everyday Meal . Pickles that contain high quantities of Oil , Salt and Spices increase the risk of Obesity and Cholestrol in our body. Naturally fermented Pickles encourage the growth of friendly bacteria and replenish the number in our digestive system and restore our Health. Freshly made Pickles not only taste good but they also Supply essential Vitamins C , A, K, Folate and Minerals like Iron , Calcium and Potassium. Homemade Pickles are easy to prepare with Variety of Vegetables and we can Control the Oil, Salt and Spices. Chickpea and Vegetable pickle is yet another Variety of Pickle with tangy taste , Balance of Spices and less Salt and Oil recipe which we can enjoy with our Every Day Meal. A no Cook recipe and can be prepared with fresh and left Over Vegetables. What makes this Vegetable Pickle recipe Unique is I sneaked in Chickpeas ( Protein ) and Vegetables are still Crunchy even after One week . This Pickle increases the food taste and must have Pickle for Lunch / Dinner . These fresh Pickles are interesting and appetizing ways to make Children eat their share of Vegetables and Spices .