VegetableSoup With Simple Ingredients and hassle free cooking , we can enjoy dropping temperatures with a flavorful and delicious soup that is surprisingly Healthy.The best part about this soup is you can enjoy for any meal . This soup is not prepared just with Vegetables, Pasta and Spices . But with a Special ingredient( Pizza sauce or Sundried tomato Pesto) , You will be surprised by the flavor it adds. Stir in your favorite cheese to add creaminess. What you will like about this Soup is not only taste delicious but can be cooked in One pot.
Recipe for 3 People.
Preparation Time : 15 Minutes and Cooking Time : 10 Minutes
1. Sweet Potato or White Potato – 1 Medium( Boiled and Mashed)
2. Water – 3 Glasses( 24 Ounces)
3. Penne Pasta – 2 Handfuls
4. Sundried Tomato Pesto – 1/4 th Cup or Pizza Sauce – 1/4 th Cup to 1/2 Cup according to your taste
5. Zucchini – 1 ( Sliced into Circles)
6. Corn and Green Peas – 1/2 Cup
7. Shallot -1 ( thinly sliced)
8. Tomato -1 ( Diced)
9. Garlic Cloves – 2 ( Minced)
10. Cinnamon stick – Small ( 1)
11. Salt as per taste
12. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp. ( Blend of Red chilli Powder, Coriander and Cumin Powder, Coriander Leaves and Garlic – Homemade)
13. Juice of Lime – 1/2 ( Optional ) ( Add if needed)
14. Parmasen Cheese – 1/4 th Cup
15 . Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
16 . Red Pepper Flakes – 1/2 tbsp.
17 . Freshly Grounded Black Pepper.
1. Puree half of the Sweet Potatoes . Transfer to a Sauce Pan .Add remaining Sweet Potatoes , Shallot ,Minced Garlic , Sliced Zucchini , Diced Tomato , Corn and Green Peas , Penne Pasta and 3 glasses Water .
2. Season with Salt , Red Pepper Flakes and Curry Powder .
3.Bring to Boil . Cook on Medium High Flame until Vegetables are tender.
4. Switch off the stove and add Sundried Tomato Pesto , Parmasen Cheese and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves .
5. Ladle the soup into Bowls and Sprinkle Parmasen cheese and Freshly grounded Black Pepper .
SERVE warm .
Note : If needed Squeeze Juice of Half Lime.
I added a pinch of Turmeric for Color . It is Optional but recommended.
Sweet Potatoes pack a powerful Nutrients and a number of nutrient Categories . These Categories are antioxidants , anti -inflammatory nutrients and Blood Sugar regulating nutrients. Sweet Potatoes are available in many Countries on a year round basis and are highly effective way of providing school age children with sizable amounts of their daily Vitamins.
One medium Spud has 400 percent of your daily needs of Vitamin A as well as loads of Fiber and Potassium . Correcting Vitamin A deficiencies with foods high in Beta Carotene will restore Vision.
Because of its High Fiber content Sweet Potatoes promote Healthy Digestive Tract . One Medium Sweet Potato provides about 6 grams of Fiber. Important food source for managing arthritis as it is rich in Beta Carotene ,magnesium , Zinc and Vitamin B .
Sweet Potatoes are considered low on the Glycemic Index Scale . They are effective in regulating Blood Sugar levels by helping the proper secretion and function of Insulin . It doesn’t mean that Diabetics should eat them indiscriminately . The idea is that Sweet Potatoes can replace Rice or Carbohydrate intake as a Healthier Option.
Zucchini is a type of Summer Squash and it can range in color from Yellow to Deep Green . The American Heart Association recommends limiting the intake of Fat to 25 to 35 percent of your total calories per day .Because Zucchini contains no fat or Cholestrol , adding it to your diet help to reach nutrient goals without contributing to fat calories.
Turmeric is a wonder herb. It has high amounts of Curcumin , a compound that has studies to support its effectiveness against cystic fibrosis, Alzheimer’s ,Childhood Leukemia, Cancer prevention and helps in managing RA ( rheumatoid arthritis) . Because of its high Inflammatory properties , turmeric is highly effective at helping people with RA. A recent study suggests that regular turmeric use helps and prevent the onset of RA from developing .