My favorite way to Consume Lentils are in Soups . Spicy lentils soup ( Not too spicy) KID friendly recipe . One Pot meals are my favorite weeknight dining with fresh Vegetables, Lentils and appropriate Seasoning can create a tasty Pot of Soup . I do all prep in the morning and bring to boil before Lunch/ Dinner. No need to add any flour . Lentils will thicken the soup .
This is an Old recipe of mine which I like to have on Cold Winter nights with less Cooking and dishes . I do all my Prep ( Only 15 Minutes) in the Morning and refrigerate it . Just bring to boil for 10 Minutes during Dinner time. We enjoy this Soup with Salad and doesn’t need any more sides . Studies show Soups in our diet help loose Weight and can feel fuller . A bowl of soup is perfect to fit in all Vegetables , Pasta and Seasoning and this soup is light, Fulfilling , Comforting and satisfying Weeknight Meal .It is best Lentil Soup I ever had. So let Check the Recipe and get Cooking. I added 1 tbsp. Curry Powder and 1 tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes . If you don’t want the Soup Spicy you, can skip Red Pepper Flakes . The soup looks Simple with simple ingredients,. but believe me you will like the combination of Lentils with other Ingredients . lentils and boiled potato thickens the soup and no need to add any flours . Enjoy the Soup any time of the Year . Do try the recipe and leave a Comment .
Recipe for 4 People . Need 1 tbsp. Oil
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes
1. Lentils – 1 Cup
2. Whole Grain Elbow Pasta – 1/2 Cup
3. Potato – 1
4. Tomato – 1
5 . Onion – 1 ( Medium)
6 . Ginger and Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp.
7. Oil – 1 tbsp.
8. Curry powder and Red Pepper Flakes – 1 tbsp. each or Rasam powder or Sambar Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp.
9. Salt as per taste
10. Water – 2 Glasses ( 16 Ounces ) 8 Ounces for Cooking Lentils
11 . Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves .
12. Turmeric – 1/4 tbsp.
13 . Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp.
14 . Vegetables – 1 cup ( Green Beans, carrots, Peas and Carrots )
15. Oregano – 1 tbsp.
Soak Lentils Overnight or 2 to 3 Hours.
1. Pressure Cook with 8 Ounces( 1 glass Water) , Little Salt , Elbow Pasta and Potato . Or alternatively you can add Lentils , pasta and Finely Chopped Potato directly to the Soup without Pressure Cooking.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. oil and Saute Onions with little Salt , Turmeric and 1 tbsp. Cumin seeds . Once Onions are brown add Ginger Garlic Paste and fry Couple of minutes
3. Add Chopped tomato, vegetables , Cooked Lentils with pasta , Cooked and Mashed Potato , Salt , WATER , Curry Powder and Red chilli flakes , Oregano .
4. Bring to Boil . It takes approximately 7 to 10 minutes . Once it comes to boil switch off the stove and add finely Chopped Coriander Leaves .
5. Squeeze Juice Of Half Lime . SERVE warm .