Recipe for 12 Idli’s.
Preparation time : 10 Minutes Cooking Time : 12 Minutes
1. Almonds , Roasted Peanuts , Roasted Channa Dal – Handful each and Dry Coconut – 1 Cup.
2. Red chillies -2
3. Green Chillies – 2
4. Tamarind – Marble Size
5. . Salt to taste
6. Water for grinding
7. Curry Leaves
8. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
9. Salt as per taste
10 .Seasoning – Urad dal – 1 tbsp. , Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp. , Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp. , Broken Red chillies – 4
1. Grind everything with enough Water except Curry Leaves , Coriander Leaves and Seasoning.
2. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and add all Seasoning to the Oil . Switch off the stove and add Curry Leaves and finely chopped Coriander leaves to the tadka .
3.Add this tadka ( Seasoning) to the Almond Chutney . Mix well . Check for Salt and adjust ..
RECIPE for INSTANT IDLY with INDIAN BROAD BEANS .
- Rice flour – 1 Cup ( Measuring Cup)
2. Yellow Moong Dal – 2 Handfuls
3. Cooked Broad Beans – 1 Cup ( Chopped) ( Measuring Cup)
4 . Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp.
5. Green Chilli Paste – 1 tbsp. or Sliced Green Chillies ( adjust to your taste)
6. Oil – 1 tbsp.
7. Salt as per taste
8. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
9. Ginger – 2 tbsp.
1. Soak Yellow Moong Dal for 30 Minutes . Wash 3 to 4 times after Soaking . Drain out all Water and add to 1 Cup Rice flour .
3. Add Water slowly and bring together and make a soft dough .
4. Divide the dough into 12 equal balls .
5. Grease Your hands with Oil and shape the balls , flatten the balls into round discs and make a hole in the middle .
5. Place them in Idli Moulds and Steam for 12 Minutes . After 12 minutes Switch off the stove and let it stand for 5 to 10 minutes before removing Idli’s from Idli Plates . Remove idli’s with Steel Spoon .
SERVE with ALMOND Chutney.
Good to Read :
Source : Health Magazines
Broad Beans also known as Horse Bean, English Bean ,Tick Bean got their name from m the seeds which are large . It is best to plant this crop from September to March because it requires a Cold Season for best growth. Moderate moisture supply is necessary for this bean to flourish well . Therefore it is grown in Winter. It is eaten as Vegetable .
Broad Beans are very nutritious , principal Protein for Vegetarians and roasted seeds are eaten like Peanuts in India . Protein content is high . Adding just a handful of these beans to Salads , Stir fries or Breakfast recipes provides a boost of Protein , fiber , Potassium and energy providing B vitamins. Most Beans including Broad Beans are Good Source of Iron.
Idli is a traditional Breakfast in every South Indian Household which needs Soaking, Grinding and Fermentation ( These Idli’s are good source of Protein and Carbohydrates) . Sometimes we don’t have time to do this preparation and look for Instant versions. Broad Beans Idli is an instant Steamed version prepared with Rice Flour , Moong Dal , Cooked Broad Beans and flavored with Spices is a perfect Morning Balanced Breakfast with Almond Chutney ( Can eaten without Chutney too) and a Cup of Hot Cocoa .
This time I found Broad Beans which are not Flat , dry but Meaty and plump Beans inside . I cooked 3/4 th of Beans as Stir fry and saved One Cup to prepare Broad Beans Idli which turned out good. My family likes to eat Rice flour idli’s which are Chewy and texture is most like Modak. Select Board Beans which are still young , tender and Plumpy . So you can cook along with skin . Take out fiber from both sides before you Pressure Cook.
Talking about rice , it is a Staple food for many Asian Countries and is rich in Carbohydrates and all forms of activity require energy and quickest source is from rice. Skip this important component in your diet you will feel Sluggish and lack of energy . Low in sodium content makes a good choice for those with High Blood pressure.
Brown rice contains more fiber than White rice due to husk . Brown rice has much higher levels of Phosphorous and Magnesium the 2 nutrients that nourish your Skeleton. Brown has low GI , takes longer time to break down because it contains more fiber.
Rice is not so bad , but rather what is served and with what it is cooked is important.