If you are bored of eating same Old potato Curry , then try this Chickpea flour curry ( Light recipe) which is simple, delicious, not expensive, time consuming and satisfy everyone in your family . Dinner in 10 Minutes .I prepared a lighter Version with Potatoes and Peas . Used very less Chickpea flour. Chickpea flour Potato and Peas Curry is a Simple and delicious recipe served with Phulka or Plain Paratha . Adding Chickpea flour and Rice flour with Spices is an interesting twist and more like a Curry and even kids will enjoy it without a complaint. It is a simple and easy recipe to prepare when you want to cook Simple Lunch /Dinner. Chickpea flour high in Protein which helps in thickening and gives smooth Consistency for Curries. Ajwain , it is sharp in taste ,pungent in aroma and aids in digestion when Chickpea flour is used in Curries . Cumin seeds are widely used in Indian Cooking either dry roasted Powder or adding directly to warm Oil . Turmeric is a strong Colored Spice gives Color to the Curry. I used homemade Curry Powder . The Powdered spices add both flavor and fragrance to the dish . Finished off with fresh herbs .
It is a quick and easy recipe.
Recipe for 3 People .
Preparation time: 15 Minutes ( Cook peas ,Potato and refrigerate , Chop vegetables and refrigerate . Mix flours with spices and store in a box)
Cooking time : 10 Minutes
2. Onion – 1 ( Medium Chopped)
3. Tomato – 1 ( Chopped)
4. Cooked Dried Green Peas – 1/2 Cup or fresh peas
5. Chick pea flour – 1 1/2 tbsp.
6. Rice flour – 1 1/2 tbsp.
7. Salt as per taste
8. Water – 1 1/2 and Half Cup or accordingly
9 . Oil – 1 tbsp.
10 . Green chillies – 2 or Green Chilli Paste – 1 tbsp.
11. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp.
12 . Finely chopped Coriander Leaves and Mint Leaves (5)
13. Curry Powder – 1/2 tbsp. ( Blend of Red chilli Powder , Coriander , Cumin Powder, Garlic and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves ) adjust to your taste .
14. Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp. and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
1. Soak 1/4 th Cup dry green peas overnight .
Pressure Cook with 1/2 glass Water, little Salt and 3 Potatoes. Once Pressure comes down transfer Cooked Green peas with Water to a Bowl . Peel the Potato and Crumble .
2 . Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and Saute Onions with little Salt , Turmeric, Cumin seeds and Curry Leaves .
3. Mix Chickpea flour and rice flour , Ajwain , Curry Powder and Pav Bhaji Masala Powder in One and Half glass Water without lumps.
4. Once Onions are brown add Chopped tomatoes . Cook for Couple of Minutes .
5 Add cooked Green peas with Water , Crumbled Potato and Chickpea flour Water . Mix well and cook for 7 Minutes . Stir in between to avoid burning.
After 7 Minutes Switch off the Stove and add Chopped Green Chillies and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves . Check for Salt and adjust .