Happy Makara Sankranti. I prepare 3 different types of rice( with 2 cups cooked rice) and offer as a Naivedyam to god . Prasadam is also called Bhagwan Bhog or sacred food which we offer to god and share with family and friends before consuming it. We eat it with cheerful acceptance. These festival recipes are prepared traditionally and doesn’t need any Spices except easy available ingredients . If you have Cooked rice you can prepare 3 different rice recipes which are not only easy to prepare but delicious in taste . You can taste 3 different tastes at the same time ( Sour taste from Lime rice ,Cooling from Curd rice and Sweet taste from Milk Pudding) .
A simple and delicious traditional South Indian recipes . Lime rice , Curd Rice and Milk Pudding are one of the most popular rice recipes from South India.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People .
Preparation and Cooking Time for Rice recipes : 30 Minutes
Preparation and Cooking time for Sweet Potato fry : 20 to 30 Minutes
METHOD : Need One Cup Cooked Long Grain Rice .
1. Cooked long grain rice – 1 Cup
2. Oil – 3 tbsp.
3. Salt as per taste
4. Roasted Peanuts – Handful
5. Curry Leaves – 4 to 5
6. Whole Green Chillies – 4 to 5
7. Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp.
8. Hing – Pinch
9. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
10 . Seasoning – Urad dal – 1 tbsp. , Cumin seeds – 1tbsp , Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp. and Broken Red chillies – 4
1. Heat 3 tbsp. Oil and add 2 tbsp. Channa Dal , Handful of Peanuts . When the dals are Half done add 1 tbsp. Urad Dal , 1 tbsp. Cumin seeds , 1 tbsp. Mustard seeds, 4 Broken Red chillies , Pinch of Hing , 1/4 th tbsp. Turmeric powder , 5 to 6 Curry Leaves , 4 Green Chillies . Mix well .
2. After couple of minutes Switch off the stove and add Cooked Rice and Salt . Mix gently . Add One more tbsp. oil .
3. Squeeze Juice of Lime and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves . Check for Salt and adjust.
1. 1/4 th cup Cooked Rice
2. Milk – 1 glass ( 8 ounces)
3. Jaggery or Brown Sugar – 4 tbsp.
4. Ghee or Butter – 1 tbsp.
5. Cardamom – 2 Cloves
6. Chopped Nuts – 1/4 th Cup (Almonds, Cashews and Pistachios
- Boil One glass Milk ( 8 Ounces)
- Once it comes to boil switch off the stove and add 1/4 th Cup Cooked Rice , Jaggery , Ghee , Cardamom and Chopped Nuts of your choice .
- Mix well . Again switch on the stove and cook for 5 minutes . Serve warm
1. Cooked Long grain Rice – 3/4 th Cup
2. Curd or Yogurt – 1 and 1/2 Cup
3. Curry Leaves – 4 to 5
4. Green Chillies – 3 ( Sliced)
5. Ginger – Small piece – Chopped
6. Oil – 2 tbsp.
7. Seasoning : Urad dal – 1 tbsp. , Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp. , Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp. ,Broken Red chillies , Channa Dal – 2 tbsp.
1. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and fry Channa Dal followed by Urad dal , Cumin seeds , Mustard seeds and Red chillies .
2.Once the dals are light brown switch off the stove and add Chopped Green chillies , Ginger , Finely Chopped coriander leaves and Curry leaves to the seasoning.
3. Add this seasoning to the rice . Add Salt . Mix gently .
4. Cool the Rice . Once rice is cooled add Yogurt . Mix gently . Check for Salt and adjust.
Mix Red chilli Powder – 1 tbsp. , Cumin and Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbsp. each , AJwain – 1/4 th tbsp. to Chickpea flour , Rice flour and Salt . Mix with Sufficient Water .
The batter must be thick so it will be coated properly to Sweet Potato’s .
Heat enough Oil for Shallow frying or PAN FRY them. Dip Sweet Potato Slices in the batter and fry until golden brown . Cook on Medium flame.