Today I had most memorable Mother’s Day Lunch prepared by my daughter who is in Middle school . She loves trying new foods and is a foodie. Since two years she is experimenting in the Kitchen over the weekends when she had free time. She became perfect in Chopping Veggies and Choosing Ingredients as she is attending Food and Science classes as a part of her School Curriculum and learned few recipes( How to make a Baked Potato in Microwave, Apple Crisp in microwave , Mac and Cheese, Pizza and Carrot Cupcakes . She is a taste tester and Critic ( My Good Friend after my sisters ) for all my Recipes .
As she is comfortable in Chopping Vegetables , she wanted to make a Special Mother’s Day Lunch Soup and Sandwich ( My all time favorites) . Often I Prepare soups for Weeknights Dinner or Weekend Lunch . She is Curious to know the Spices and Ingredients in the recipe . But little did I know, that she would use that information to make me an awesome Lunch. She put a Special Ingredient in the Soup and Sandwich which I didn’t guess until I finish the Soup right away. Along with the Soup she prepared a Sandwich to go along with it . As there is no Cream Cheese she substituted with Yogurt . I just can say it is a Delicious Soup and Sandwich when prepared by your Loved Ones.
Here is her recipe for Soup and Sandwich .
1. Mixed Beans – 1/2 Cup ( Raw)
2. Barley – 1/4 th Cup
3. Finely Chopped Onions , Bell Pepper , Cabbage – 1/2 Cup each
4. Tomato – 1 Diced
5. Pizza Sauce – 1/3 rd Cup
6. Red chilli Powder, Coriander and Cumin Powder – 1/2 tbsp.
7. Red chilli Flakes – 1/2 tbsp.
8. Salt as per taste
9. Italian Seasoning – 1 tbsp.
10. Water – 2 glasses ( 16 Ounces)
1. Soak Beans and Barley Overnight and Pressure Cook with 1 glass Water for 2 to 3 Whistles. When Pressure comes down transfer Beans to Sauce Pan along with Water.
2. Add Chopped Vegetables and PIZZA SAUCE .
3. Season with Salt , Red chilli Powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder , ONE more glass Water.
4. Bring to Boil . Switch off the Stove and check for Salt and adjust accordingly .
5 . Add Italian Seasoning and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves .
1. To 1/2 cup Yogurt ( Thick) add Chopped Bell pepper, Cucumber , Cabbage , Diced Tomato.
2.Season with Salt , Black Pepper, Italian Seasoning, 1 or 2 tbsp. Pizza Sauce. Mix all ingredients
3. Toast Bread Slices . Spread on Bread Slices and Cut diagonally .
Serve with Warm Soup. HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all MOMS.