Today I’m sharing 3 recipes for Lunch/Dinner which you can prepare in less than an Hour. After eating this Lunch you won’t crave for any Snacks till Dinner time. I’m sharing Stuffed vegetable Jowar Roti, Instant Dal rasam and Tomato Raita. The star Vegetable for all the three recipes are Tomato. Tomatoes Play an important role in everyday Cooking like Curries , Biryani, Soups , Salads , Pasta and Pizza . It is a super food and rich in Lycopene. it full of anti oxidants which lower the risk of Cancer, Heart disease and regulate blood levels. Rich in Vitamin A and C . They can be eaten raw or Cooked. Cooked tomato is better than raw because more beneficial chemicals are released during the heating process creating the higher concentration of lycopene. I shared a Tomato raita recipe prepared with Yogurt , Spices and tempering. I cooked tomato in tempering so it will release the juices and will be well incorporated with Yogurt. Added Coconut to the raita for extra sweetness. The mild taste of yogurt with tomato, Coconut , Spices and tempering create a tasty raita that you can enjoy with Jowar roti along with Dal rasam .Source : Health Magazines.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People.
Heat 2 tbps Oil and add 1 tbsp. Cumin seeds, 2 Broken Red chillies and Chopped tomato. Cool it before adding to Yogurt. To One Cup Yogurt add 1/4 th Cup freshly grated Coconut , 1 tbsp. Green chilli Paste, Salt , 2 tbsp. Chopped Ginger , Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves and Cooked tomato with tempering. Mix well . Check for Salt and adjust accordingly.
- RASAM POWDER : Dry roast Handful Toor Dal , Handful Channa Dal , 1 tbsp. Cumin seeds, 1 tbsp. Coriander Seeds, 1/2 tbsp. Mustard seeds, 5 Fenu greek seeds, 10 Peppercons, 2 Red chillies. Cool the Spices and grind with 2 tbsp. Coconut , Salt and Marble size Tamarind.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and 1 tbsp. Ghee and add 1 tbsp. Cumin seeds and 1/2 tbsp. Mustard seeds , 2 Broken Red chillies , Curry Leaves, Crushed Garlic Cloves -4 , Crushed Ginger, Hing to Oil .
3 .Add 1/2 cup Chopped Onions , Little Salt and 1/4 th tbsp. Turmeric. Mix well and fry Onions till Light Brown . Once Onions are Brown add 2 Hand Crushed Tomatoes, 2 Glasses Water and Rasam Powder . Bring to Boil .
4. Once it comes to boil add Finely chopped Corinader Leaves .
5. Check for salt and add accordingly.
1. To two Boiled Potatoes add 1/2 cup Chopped Onions, 1/2 Cup Chopped Bell Pepper , One Chopped tomato , Green chillies -2 and Salt . Mix well and divide into 6 Portions .
2. Mix Half Cup Jowar flour, 1/4 th Cup Wheat flour , 1/4 th Cup Chickpea flour, Salt and Ajwain with Warm water.
3. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and shape like a ball with little Oil .
4. Cut a Ziplock bag and Place a Jowar dough ball . Cover the Ziplock Cover and roll with rolling Pin . Place the Vegetable Ball in the Middle of the roti and seal from all sides . Roll like Chapathi with rolling Pin or with a round based Bowl .
5. Heat Pan and fry Stuffed jowar roti with little Oil on both sides till Golden Brown .
SERVE these Stuffed Jowar roti with Dal Rasam and Tomato Raita.