15 Minute Vegetable Recipe .
Moong Dal Vadi’s are sundried Nuggets prepared with Yellow moong Dal. Moong dal is soaked for 2 to 3 Hours and grind with spices of your Choice and Sun dried . Store in an air tight Container and can be used year long . Or else you can use store bought Vadi’s . They are easily available in Indian stores. Today I’m sharing a recipe Prepared with Moong Vadi , Potatoes and Tomatoes. Check my recipe how to thicken the gravy . Grind Onions COARSELY for a smooth gravy . Use home made or store bought Curry Powder and Pav Bhaji masala which are must spices for the recipe.
These Vadi’s are Mild spicy and Unique in taste when added to any gravy recipes . They go well with any Indian Bread like Phulka or Plain Paratha. Protein packed side dish for lunch /dinner.
Here is my recipe.
Recipe for 3 People .
Preparation time : 15 Minutes and Cooking Time : 15 Minutes
1. Moong Dal Vadi – 1/2 Cup
2. Potatoes – 4 Medium
3. Tomatoes – 2
4. Onion – 1 Medium( Finely Chopped)
5. Garlic Cloves – 4 ( Peeled and Crushed)
6. Ginger – 1 tbsp.
7. Water – 2 Cups or according to your Consistency .
8. Oil – 2 tbsp. and 2 tbsp
9. Salt to taste .
10 . Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves and Curry Leaves – 5
11. Curry Powder – 1/2 tbsp.( Red chilli Powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic and Coriander leaves)
12. Pav Bhaji Masala – 1/2 tbsp.
1. Cook 4 Potatoes in Microwave, Peel the Skin . 3 Potatoes cut into Cubes.
2. Mash One potato . To the Mashed Potato add 2 Cups water , Curry Powder, Pav Bhaji Masala .
3 . Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and fry Coarsely grinded onions till Golden Brown with little Salt , cumin seeds and Curry Leaves .
4. Once Onions are Brown add Crushed Garlic and Ginger . Fry for Couple of Minutes .
5. Add tomatoes and cook till it separate from oil .
6. Meanwhile fry Moong dal vadi with 2 tbsp. Oil . Crush 1/4 th Vadi’s into Powder .
7. Once tomatoes are cooked add Mashed Potato with water and spices , Cubed Potato’s , Powdered Vadi’s . Cook for 7 Minutes .
8. After 7 Minutes switch off the stove and add 1/4 th Cup Whole Vadi and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves .
Check for Salt and adjust accordingly .