4 more days for Summer Vacation . We all will be busy taking Kids to Summer activities and will have less time for Cooking. I’m going to share some easy Lunch Ideas which you can Prepare ahead of time day before and will take only few minutes to fix Lunch for Kids. I’m sharing a 5 minute dessert recipe which is rich , Creamy and satisfying with 5 Ingredients and Crispy Potato Chaat recipe which is not deep fried ( Mix the batter day before , Cut slices of Potato and soak in water , Prepare salad to serve with Chaat and refrigerate ) . How easy is that to enjoy a Chaat recipe and DESSERT recipe with less work.
In some Places it is Summer vacation and Back to School for others. You can even Pack the same Lunch for Kids going back to School . Both recipes taste good at room temperature.
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body . It is found naturally in foods like Milk, Cheese , Yogurt and Green Leafy Vegetables and added to other foods like Calcium enriched foods such as Cereals , breads and fruit juices . Children need more Calcium each day than young and Middle age adults. Calcium absorption is dependent on having the proper amount of Vitamin D in the body because the two work together in Supporting Bone Health. Vitamin D is found in some foods and is also made by body when the skin is exposed to Sunlight.
Potatoes are incredibly Healthy food that offers us an abundance of benefits for healing. They are rich in Vitamins and Minerals. Potatoes contain an antioxidant called quercetin which have anti cancer and cardio protective properties. Potatoes themselves are virtually fat free and packed with dietary fiber. If potatoes are fried in OIL can lead to weight gain , diabetes and heart disease. Be cautious of what we put on our Potatoes.
Here are two easy LUNCH recipes for Back to School Lunch Box and for Kids whose Summer Vacation is starting in four more days.
Preparation and Cooking time : 5 Minutes .
1. Bread Slices – 3
2. Milk – 3/4 or Full Cup ( 6 to 8 Ounces)
3. Brown sugar or Jaggery – 2 tbsp.
4. Ghee or Butter – 1/2 tbsp.
5. Nuts – 1/4 th cup and Cardamom – 2
1. Pan fry Bread Slices with little Ghee or Butter . Cut into Squares .
2. Warm Milk for One Minute .
3. Place the Bread slices in a Bowl . Add 2 tbsp. Jaggery or Brown Sugar , Cardamom , Chopped Nuts and Milk . Mix
4. Warm in the Microwave for 30 seconds.
5. Top it with little Ghee or Butter .
SERVE WARM .
Recipe for 30 Crispy Potatoes .
1. Chickpea flour – 1/2 Cup
2. Rice flour – 1/2 Cup
3. Red chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp.
4. Coriander and Cumin Powder – 1/4 th tbsp. each
5. Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp.
7. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
8. Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp. for Pan frying
9. Potatoes – 2 Big .
10. Water – accordingly.
1. Mix Chickpea flour , Rice flour, Red chilli Powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder, Ajwain , Finely Chopped Coriander leaves and Salt . Add sufficient water . Batter must be little thick and must coat the Potato Slices.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil in a large Pan .
3. Dip Potato Slices in Chickpea Batter and place in the pan in a single layer.
4. Cover with lid and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Drizzle some Oil .
5. Cook uncover till Potato is light Brown and Crispy .
SERVE with Onion, tomato , Cucumber and Bell Pepper salad with little salt , Black pepper and Lime juice.