Serve this ONE POT MEAL for KIDS LUNCH /DINNER/LUNCH.
Recipe for 2 to 3 People if served with SALAD and DESSERT.
Preparation Time : 15 Minutes
and Cooking Time : 15Minutes
1.Basmati Rice – 1 Cup
2. Yellow Moong Dal – 1/2 Cup
3.Vegetables – 1 Cup ( Finely Chopped .Green Beans, Carrots , Green Peas and Corn)
4. Tomato – 1 ( Chopped)
5. Water – 2 Cups
6. Salt as Per taste
7. Oil – 4 tbsp. and 1 tbsp. Ghee
8. Red Pepper Flakes – 1 tbsp.
9 . Whole Garam Masala – Cinnamon – 2 small sticks ,
Cloves -5 ,
Cardamom – 2 ,
Bay Leaves -3
10. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp.
11. Mint Leaves – 7 ( Finely Chopped)
12. Coriander Leaves – Finely Chopped .
13. Potato – 1 ( Cut into Cubes)
1. Soak Basmati Rice and Yellow Moong Dal for 20 to 30 Minutes .
2. After 20 Minutes . Wash Rice and Yellow Moong Dal 3 to 4 times . Pour Rice and Yellow Moong DAL in RICE COOKER. Add 2 Cups of Water and Little Salt . Taste the Water to Check whether Salt is Sufficient .
3. Heat 4 tbsp. Oil and 1 tbsp. Ghee . Once Oil is heated add Cumin seeds, Cloves, Bay Leaf , Cardamom and Cinnamon . Switch off the Stove and add Chopped tomato ‘s, Vegetables and Potato to the Oil .
4. Mix and add this Oil seasoning to the Rice and Dal along with Tomato’s , Potato and Vegetables . Add Red Pepper Flakes, finely Chopped Coriander Leaves and Mint Leaves .
5. Cook in the Rice Cooker. It will take about 15 Minutes to Cook in the Rice Cooker.
SERVE with Raita ( YOGURT with Onions and Tomato)
To One Cup of Yogurt add 1/4 TH Cup Finely Chopped Onions , 1/4 th Cup Finely Chopped Tomato , Little Salt and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves .
Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and add 1/2 tbsp. Cumin seeds .
Switch Off the Stove , Cool it before adding to Yogurt. Add this Cumin seed Oil to the Yogurt Mixture.
SERVE this Raita with Khichidi.