Today I’m sharing Simple , Easy and Delicious rasam recipe prepared with Yellow Moong Dal, tomatoes, Ghee tadka and homemade rasam powder. Rasam powder adds extra flavor to the recipe . Lime juice balance the taste of other spices and add refreshing taste .It is light , mild ,flavorful and filling when you want to eat light lunch. Pour 5 big spoonfuls of rasam in a bowl with Half cup steamed rice of your Choice, Ghee and Papad.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 minutes .
1. Yellow Moong Dal – 1/4 th Cup
2. Onion – 1 Medium ( chopped)
3. Tomatoes – 2 ( Diced)
4. Crushed Garlic – 6
5. Grated Ginger – 2 tbsp.
6. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp.
7. Oil – 2 tbsp. and Ghee – 1/2 tbsp.
8. Curry Leaves – 5 and Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves .
9 .Seasoning – Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds – 1tbsp each , Red chillies -2 , Hing – Pinch
10 . Juice of Lime – Half
11 . Rasam Powder : Dry roast Coriander and cumin seeds – 1 tbsp. each , Black Pepper cons – 10 , Red chillies – 2 , channa dal – 1 tbsp. . Cool the spices and grind with 1 tbsp. Coconut , 2 cloves Garlic .
1. Soak Yellow Moong Dal for 30 minutes . After 30 minutes wash 3 to 4times and Pressure cook or Microwave with 1 glass ( 8 Ounces) Water.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil in a sauce Pan and Saute Onions with little salt and Turmeric . Once Onions are brown add Crushed garlic and grated ginger . Fry for few minutes .
3. Add diced tomatoes , Cooked moong dal with water , Rasam Powder , One more glass water. Mix well and bring to Boil.
4. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and 1 tbsp. ghee and splutter Mustard seeds , Cumin seeds , Red chillies, Hing , Curry leaves and finely chopped coriander Leaves. 5. Add the seasoning( Tadka ) to the Rasam .
5. Cool sometime so all the flavors will blend . Squeeze Juice of Half Lime.