Today I’m sharing Indian Broad Beans stir fry recipe with Sesame seeds as main ingredient. Broad Beans also known as Horse Bean , English Bean , Tick Bean got their name from the seeds which are large . Protein content is very high and principal protein for Vegetarians.The Plump beans works best and do not overcook and after cooking cool them in a wide plate along with potatoes , so they won’t loose the texture when mixing with Spices.
The flavor is deeper and nuttier when sesame seeds are toasted and can blend easily with other spices and the Calcium levels are little higher when the seeds are toasted. Sesame seeds made it to the list of Foundation foods in the Save our Bones Program . They are powerhouse of minerals especially Calcium and is an alkaline food that supports Bones and general Health. When the seeds are crushed its nutrients are more easily digested . When left whole , the seeds do not break down well during digestion. You are going to love the combination of Broad Beans with Sesame seeds. Source : Health Magazines.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People .
Preparation time : 15 minutes and Cooking time : 15 minutes
2. Potatoes – 2 ( Cubed)
3. Baby Carrots – 10 ( Grated)
4. Garlic cloves – 6
5. Grated Ginger – 2 tbsp.
6. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp.
7. Salt as per taste
8. Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp.
9. Oil – 4 tbsp.
Dry roast Sesame seeds – 4 tbsp. . Cool sesame seeds and grind with 1/4 th Cup Coconut , Green Chillies , little salt and Marble size tamarind.
1. Soak Beans in water for 15 minutes. Wash 3 to 4 times and drain all water. 2.Cut Beans 1/2 inch long and pressure cook with 1/2 glass Water( 4 Ounces) , little Salt , Cubed Potatoes for 2 Whistles. When Pressure comes down Cool Beans and potatoes in a wide Plate. Discard the water .
3. Heat 2 tbsp. Oil and add Cumin seeds , Crushed garlic , Grated ginger. Fry for couple of minutes. Add cubed and cooked Potato and fry till light Brown. Once Potatoes are brown add Cooked and cooled Beans , Grated Carrot , 2 more tbsp. Oil and fry till it becomes dry .
4. Mix gently in between to avoid burning.
5. Once Beans are fried add Sesame seeds spiced Powder . Mix well . Switch off the stove and Garnish with finely chopped Coriander leaves .